Msb - Db86109 Stuck At Red Signal

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by breakstuffx, Sep 1, 2019.

1. breakstuffx

breakstuffx New Member

Msb journey - chapter 3 - train 6/7
    I took a Screenshot at the point where i stuck.
    I tried to wait longer or even to departure later, to let all other trains pass, but it doesnt work. It stays red all the time

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Mattia

Mattia New Member

Im stuck in the same place
    I cant find any solution.

I tried to restart the game, save and exit but the signal Is Always Red.

Maybe we arrive to the signal too late and the game become bugged?

This Is the link of my Topic with the screenshot of the problem

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/red-light.18161/

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yeah this service is bugged and has been from the start. Report it though and add a ticket to ours

4. Mattia

Mattia New Member

So there Is no solution? :(

5. Mattia

Mattia New Member

Ok reported

• Like Like x 1
  6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I had a go at this.

I managed to get to siding 103 at Gemunden, at about 11:15am, which I was really quite pleased about...

...but I wasn't able to complete the scenario. I really tried hard though. ;-)

Thankfully no trophy depends on this service, but it will drive completionists nuts.

7. Mattia

Mattia New Member

Uff i'll want to complete all the spessart missions before to begin other routes.
    It Is a bug with no possibility to resolve It?

Maybe run until the Red light at the maximum Speed and ignore all the Speed limits ?

8. synthetic.angel

Hmmm. I think that there is a bug here. Surprising, because it is on MSB, which is extremely well built out.

I should correct my post above - a trophy does actually depend on this module - and a core trophy - "German Legend", for anyone with TSW2020 that doesn't get hold of Rapid Transit.... And obviously you cannot complete the Journey either - this should have been tested before re-publication.

Anyway, I have tried this module several times:
    1. Running normally, as instructed, within speed limit, and waiting at the signal until I give up.
    2. As above, but asking the signaller for permission several times, and then forcng the SPAD (fails the module, as you would expect).
    3. Running full speed from the start, breaking the speed limits, stopping at the red and then giving up.
    4. Waiting at the start for 10-12 minutes for the Heigenbrucken shuttle to leave Platform 1, hoping that it will clear a path - but it doesn't - it leaves, and then stops after about 2km, waiting for you to join the main line first, and take the path to Laufach.
    5. I also ran normally to the signal, stopped, got out and walked to Laufach. I decided to check the track to see if some joker had dropped a bicycle chain across the track, tripping the track circuits. When I got to Laufach I tried to steal a blue Ford Fiesta from the car park (it had a lovely detailed leather trim). I then went to the burger van and bought a nice cup of coffee from the lovely Marlena. And then I decided to walk to Gemunden (yes - over 30 km....). Thankfully, just as I emerged from the (very well built) tunnel at Heigenbrucken, I noticed that the shuttle from Heigenbrucken to Gemunden was in the platform. I got on that train, which departed at 10:46. That saved me 15 miles (22km) of walking. I arrived at Gemunden at 11:12, just a few hundred metres from the siding stop point, and walked over to it. Unfortunately, to close out the task, you need to bring the train with you, which was still sitting at a red, now 32km away.

All of the above is true. Except for the Marlena bit. I might have found myself daydreaming at that point.

I hope that someone from DTG acknowledges this as a bug, on this Forum. It might also be useful if someone checks the module Descriptions, within this Journey, as they don't appear to have been translated correctly (into English, from, I am guessing, German).

9. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  10. synthetic.angel

Okay. Well, as you state in the other thread, it's not exactly satisfactory. And it should work under "Journey", especially given that Journey is a new feature. And especially since this bug has been known* about for a very very long time.

*But it might be an unknown "known known" bug, and not a completely known "known known" bug.

I trust that trophy-hunters can use the workaround, should DTG decide that they are not going to fix this bug anytime soon.

I do like to have a roam around and try out a few things, when there is a bug. You always learn something new (like needing a vehicle to activate the STOP objective - it might seem obvious, but it was interesting to me to test).

I also learned that this red Eastbound signal just east of the 79/6 marker, isn't actually 32km away from Gemunden. That 32km indicated is "as the crow flies" - this is a bit of a misleading "feature", as railway distances are normally done by track km. But this isn't a biggie, IMHO. Useful to know, but not necessarily a bug. Something to add to a manual for the PS4, maybe, when someone writes that manual.

As for DTG, well, it would be good if someone from DTG, a "DTG person" so to speak, from DTG, could please acknowledge this DTG bug, in this DTG Forum for the DTG game "DTG TSW2020". That would be great. If DTG developers are relying on such a bug to be reported through the DTG Support system, then they might never get to hear about this bug (although they would find it very interesting to review what has been reported through that route, and when, over the last year, but (maybe) not forwarded to them).