Peninsula Corridor Freight Trains... Can I Just Ride One? Is There An Auto Pilot Type Feature?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by VulcanCCIT, Sep 2, 2019.

1. VulcanCCIT

VulcanCCIT New Member

So I have been enjoying some of the scenarios... I was wondering can I just hop on a ffreight train and have the scenario go on autopilot so to speak? I used to do a lot of model trains over my years (almost 60 now), and I love the freight trains, Union Pacific, and Southern Pacific. So, similar to how you can spawn your character and walk around in the timetable section of the game, can I do something similar and just grab on to a side rail, or sit in the cab and let the Freight train do its thing?

2. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

Go into "Timetable" mode, and select the icon on the far left, which should be your avatar. Then, in the box that comes up, choose where you want to spawn in. If you're clever, you can spawn around 5-6 minutes before one of the trains leaves, which should give you some extra time to find a seat. You can either hang onto the side of one of the cars, or you can go the the lead loco and sit in the secondman's seat. The AI will then take over the train and you're good to go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. VulcanCCIT

VulcanCCIT New Member

Yes I knew about how to do it in Timetable, but I wanted to ride on the UP trains... I figured it out, I filtered by train, then chose the UP, picked a service scenario and instead of sitting in the drivers seat, I walked out to the front of the train and just hung out then it asked if I wanted to give up and control then walla! Another time I hopped on a freight car and hung on the ladderl. But then when you do this, you no longer get the normal cameral controls... like if you are on the ladder that is all it gives you as an internal camera..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

You have to press either "2" or "3" to go to an outside view while sitting down or hanging off a freight car - this won't work while standing up. You can then use the "8" camera. There are a few UP timetable mode trains - this is what I was referring to.

5. VulcanCCIT

VulcanCCIT New Member

I am on Xbox so no 2 or 3, but clicking the right stick down and holding is how you select the camera options and they are limited in the hanging on the freight car mode

6. VulcanCCIT

VulcanCCIT New Member

oh also I didn't know there were UP timetable trains, ill have to find them!

7. tyranus12

tyranus12 New Member

If you have a usb keyboard you can plug it into your xbox in the back usb port. View buttons 1,2,3,8. F1 to turn off hud (great for simming passenger mode) "N" for low horn "space" for high horn "b" for bell. Glad it works as it makes the game 10x better on xbox!