PlayStation Ntp Stations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ildario77, Sep 3, 2019.

1. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Just curious: running up and down the line with the clumsy Class 101, I noticed how stations look dilapidated. Is it historically accurate? Some of them seem almost abandoned. I know England was in a bad economic situation back in those days, especially that part of the country...

2. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Miles Platting outside of Manchester was in the process of being closed. The route was generally in transition like most if the network in 1983.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yes, it is fairly accurate, and it's not that Britian was "in a bad economic situation", investment in the railways was funnelled into roadbuilding and a lot of other things also "went south", meaning that the entire rail system almost went bust. If it wasn't for privatisation, cheap DMUs and local groups making sure lines were preserved and even upgraded the system we have now wouldn't be anywhere near what it is

It's likely the mainlines would have survived but much of the rural systems either were lost or were close to being lost

• Like Like x 1
  4. ildario77

Thanks, good to know that Italy's Ferrovie Nord Milano wasn't the worst one back in the '80s and early '90s ;)

5. Bamz2317

Bamz2317 Member

After watching videos and looking at pictures from the 80s on google and YouTube, dovetail did a great job, the route is very accurate. I would love more historical routes.

6. ildario77

Any interesting link to compare the real thing with the game? Thanks!