Abandon Service? No!!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Disintegration7, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

So i'm doing the UP1 Northbound Aggregate service on Peninsula Corridor, and i get to the part where you have to stop at Redwood Junction and uncouple 9 cars. I walk back to uncouple and at the exact SECOND i'm hitting that "A" button to uncouple the stupid "do you want to abandon this service?" pops up, and it's goodbye service....revert back to my last save and i'm 3.1 miles south of Lawrence....FML.

So i know it's my fault for not saving more often, but that's really discouraging- what is the point of this popup, exactly? If i wanted to quit i'd use the g-d menu! /rant

2. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Problem is, that instruction for uncouple the cars isn't designed for "on foot" operation and when you leave the driver seat abandon message come in some short time (2 min or so). Especially in cases where the cars are far behind loco you don't have enought time to get back to driver seat. The instructions after stoping of train should be:
    • GO TO MARKER (near 10th car from train back)
    • UNCOUPLE 9 CARS
    • TAKE A DRIVER SEAT

• Like Like x 1
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

You can of course switch to Free Camera in the outside views, fly down to the back and uncouple that way in a matter of seconds. It all depends really if you like doing that or if you want the full experience of getting up and walking to do the uncoupling.

Also if this were me, I wouldn’t have had a save like you did. I only ever save if I am mid service and need to go out or something

• Like Like x 1
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Honestly didn't know you could do that lol. Thanks for the info! I kind of like getting out and walking though- was just really bad timing this time!

• Like Like x 1
  5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

For the first couple of months I played it last year when it came out, I did loads of the GP38 NEC freight services and kept getting out and walking! Took me forever lol. I then realised about the free camera and kicked myself ha ha