PlayStation Lirr Timetable Run 709

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by danjoda755, Sep 4, 2019.

1. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Anyone else agree that an Eastbound train entering the single track approach to Hempstead gets hung up on a red signal and blocks player's Westbound exit? Has anyone already submitted a ticket to Dovetail?
    I even tried sitting in the station beyond the 10:02:20 AM departure time to let the Eastbound clear, but the signals hold that train back, thus blocking the line. Contacting signaler is useless.
    Ideas, my fellow engineers?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

The problem here is that the signaller hasn't received proper training. To cut costs, and justify the CEO's bonus, the training programme has been reduced. This might cause a crash at some point in the future, but, on the positive side, the CEO's wine collection will look more impressive.

The Hempstead bound train, that spawns at Garden City, is allowed onto the single track when it should be held at Garden City - if it had been stopped one station earlier than Country Life Press then the 709 service outta Hempstead would be able to take its path. There's also a train on track 7 at Hempstead waiting to get out.

A fix to this bug would be to initially set the Garden City eastbound signal to red, to allow the 709 to take its path. It's one of many possibilities, but I suspect that this would be the correct timetable fix. (I don't know for sure though).

NB: I don't report bugs via the ticket system (not anymore), as I don't think that the developers have access to all tickets, or that they get understandable feedback passed on by the Support team, or that the Support team know what a PS4 is and how it works. But the developers do read these forums - so I would personally report issues here, as there is then a chance, however small, that the issue will then get looked at.

3. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

It's funny how, when TSW2020 dropped, Dovetail promptly corrected the "Change At Jamaica" bug, but this equally dismal failure seems to warrant no attention by Dumbtail developers. Here's hoping a little provocation gets their attention.
    See ya down the line.

4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

It's always a pleasure to follow your posts. I had another quick sanity check attempt at this 709 service. I wanted to check to see if you could race out of Hempstead (ignoring your passengers), and make it to the single track before the other train takes the section over. And you can't. When the module initialises, the platform egress signal is already showing caution+red(repeater). If you had built this service, and tested it, you would know it was wrong within five seconds of starting it. This makes it worse than the "Change At Jamaica" bug, in some respects, in my opinion.

That said, the "Change in Jamaica" module is a high profile introductory scenario within the new Journey system. It takes two or three full minutes to work out something might be wrong (including if you designed the scenario). DTG called the fix to "Change At Jamaica" a "major fix" - I am guessing that they eventually recognised the importance of not getting that one wrong. It isn't, of course, a "major fix", in the sense that there was much work needed to correct the problem. As for 709, well... it should have been tested. It would be interesting to know if 709 was part of LIRR before TSW2020, and whether it was bugged back then (but unnoticed and/or unreported) - I guess we will never know.

NB: Regarding reporting bugs - the formal process/instruction given by DTG is to submit a ticket to Support - you should do this if you want to. I don't do it (anymore), because I am not convinced that the Support people know that receiving these bug reports is actually part of their role. Maybe it isn't part of their role, and the website is wrong. Who knows? In any event, I am very sure that they do not have any idea how to handle bug reports, or even how to recognise them. But don't let that hold you back - it's just my opinion....

• Like Like x 1
  5. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Tried very earnestly to submit a ticket yesterday, and can not get past the "captcha" item on my phone. Oh well, waiting on patches is fun, suspenseful I suppose.

6. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

I have successfully completed service 709 on PS4 by using a workaround used on MSB. That workaround was originally suggested by someone else.

If you spawn onto Hempstead station on foot at say 09:55, you can board the train and takeover as driver. You are then held at the platform by a red signal until the train coming in the opposite direction arrives at Hempstead. You will then be cleared to leave albeit about 5 minutes late. The service can then be completed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1