Baseless Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by raildan, Aug 16, 2018.

1. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

I mean, would an Alps route really be that good in TSW? I think theyve proven they cant do rural or scenic scenery.....I just cant see them being able to pull off the alps, not unless they use some of the mountain assets they used for FSW. just look at how much they cocked up the Pennines, nevermind an actual mountain range.

• Like Like x 3
  2. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

But hey, in the last stream Matt points out how they use new tech to make skyscrapers look closer ;-)
    But since I spent most of my evenings with MSB I'm fed up with mountain grades anyway hehe

3. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Just look at the Train Simulator Route from Mittenwaldbahn with the Alps, it looks okay, but it want looks much better with the TSW Graphics.

4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

I liked it :)

5. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

What I'm saying is that it's not happening. The image used in the Rapid Transit artwork is incorrect. And the German YouTuber was NOT shown anything to do with any German routes.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Dmitri can you hint some general plan for rest of 2019?
    How many Routes and Loco DLC addon can we expect?
    At least DLC 18 development is in full swing according SteamDB.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

And we look forward to it's imminent announcement in the December update LOL

• Like Like x 3
  8. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

SteamDB have mentioned for a while the DB BR 294 Loco and a Rostock DLC Because it was included in the Games Datei.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  9. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

I highly doubt the Mittenwaldbahn is being made for Train Sim World currently. Matt said on one of the recent streams that there aren't any current plans for new countries (in other words no Austria). DLC 18 in my opinion is probably a loco DLC since there has only just been a route release and will probably be announced soon.

There's also no evidence that Rostock is going to be made for TSW either.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  10. hyperlord

Indeed some nice bridges and aqueducts :)

Maybe DTG counts this more to Germany than Austria, don't know, just speculation :)

11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

We must wait and see, the next DLC should be a German DLC Route because UK and USA was first in the last 2 routes. And I’m think we get this year the MP36PH with Bombardier Baby Bullet Cars Because Matt mentioned it in the live stream.

It want great to hear from Dovetail Member, how’s the chance for 100 Kilometer routes.

12. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

Facts supported by actual information??!? Start your own thread!

This is for people like us who have no idea what we are talking about!

• Like Like x 9
  13. hyperlord

Nice, this absolutely made my day :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

If the artwork was not made for the RT route, it must have been made for something else. It's very hard to believe that DTG made an artwork for nothing.

15. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s included first since the TSW 2020 version and Munich Hbf to Innsbruck Hbf is the only route for a 2442 Talent 2 with Bahnland Bayern Logo. Here is the train 2442 and the Bahnland Bayern logo at the same place upload_2019-8-21_20-10-53.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

There is an achievement on PS4. In German it calls "Wagenhorder". You get it if you couple 380 freight cars together at "New York Foundation" and "Long Island Rail". Does that mean, that we get a freight add on for LIRR?

17. TrainSim-Dmitri

The artwork wasn't for nothing, but it wasn't for the new route.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

But you see TrainSim-Dmitri it get the people hyped for the Mittenwaldbahn and for driving in the Alps, so the Developer should think about this Route, because it was already created by Dovetail for Train Simulator like Peninsula Corridor and I’m sure you want make a lot of German and Austria Fans happy and you can include finally the ICE on this route also.

• Like Like x 1
  19. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I would definitely go for an alpine route, have been spending the last several weeks revisiting the great Alplne routes in TS201X ...

20. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

I would agree. It's something to certainly think about at least. I would thoroughly enjoy a route set in the Alps!

21. Matto140

DTG prepare the TSW 2020 Collector's Edition: HH+GWR+NTP+LIRR+MSB+SFJ+RSN
    So next route that will be updated to 2020 standard will be Ruhr-Sieg Nord: Hagen - Finnentrop
    https://steamdb.info/sub/391005/apps/

• Like Like x 2
  22. ARuscoe

C'mon people... "The artwork wasn't for nothing" means it was for SOMETHING, and now we will probably want to know what that "something" is?

23. TrainSim-Dmitri

I don't see a lot of people hyped apart from a couple of people here on the forums.

• Like Like x 4
  24. TrainSim-Dmitri

The reason why this art work was used is less exciting than watching a snail cross the road, the speculations here have nothing to do with reality, no one would ever leak a new route through an art work for another DLC, it is a simple artist mistake which is going to be fixed soon.

• Like Like x 2
  25. ARuscoe

You know this is a "baseless speculation thread", right? EVERYTHING in here should be idle speculation based on spurious information leading us to a 2+2=bananas response (probably with humour thrown in)

• Like Like x 2
  26. TrainSim-Dmitri

Yes, apart from the fact that these speculations spill out to other sections of the forums and beyond, creating unnecessary rumours and unreasonable demands that then reach my private messages. However, if fantasising about fairytales is your type of thing then I can do nothing to stop you.

• Like Like x 3
  27. ARuscoe

This whole post is that...

• Like Like x 1
  28. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

You make it sound like it’s a bad thing that fans of the game are speculating about new routes and locos. Isn’t that the whole point of a forum, to discuss things which are happening as well as things we hope will happen? If you didn’t have that in these forums there would be very little content wise apart from the odd thread on what bugs you’ve not fixed after all this time.

• Like Like x 2
  29. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

I rather understood it as "speculation is fair and good, but this one is simply not true. Please stop contacting us about it."

• Like Like x 2
  30. TrainSim-Dmitri

People here make it sound like they are 100% confident what the next route will be, I'm simply indicating the incorrect information as it doesn't need to spread.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  31. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

In German Facebook Group they like the Mittenwaldbahn and there some Talent 2 Fans for a Red DB Regio Version, but they also said you need to reworked the sound for the Talent 2 finally and the ICE was the biggest wish to included in any route, also the ICE got mentioned in many postings on your social media sites before, if you want ever making the Mittenwaldbahn you should create the Talent 2 and the ICE T because people love this Highspeed Train and it get even more buyers with a ICE Train as Premiere for TSW on Console and PC, but he can only drive 60 or 80 km/h on this Route and he drives only at the Weekend 1 time per day when I read it right. He stops in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Mittenwald, Seefeld in Tirol and Innsbruck Hbf.

TrainSim-Dmitri i have not private messages you about this Route or say something about the next DLC, I talked nice to you because you included the complete wrong Passenger trains to Ruhr Sieg Nord for RE16 and RB91 to Siegen and back to Hagen/Essen. But I see Dovetail has no interested for fixing there mistakes to included the correct Trains even as paid DLC. I got an email because I reported this issue in a ticket.

32. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Um, I think it's time to drop the Mittenwaldbahn idea here, people. If Dmitri practically going into a small rant about spreading misinformation wasn't enough to convince you this isn't happening, I don't know what is. Why would you trust some random Facebook group over the developers themselves?

• Like Like x 8
  33. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Your ticket was essentially you demanding a loco be added to the game without any understanding of the time it takes to develop them and the costs incurred thinking that your personal purchase would be enough to completely reimburse us for the investment it would require.

You also appear to have no understanding of how licences work and think we can simply add any loco to the game instantly or even at all if the licence isn't granted so I suggest you take the time to research these things to get a basic idea of the economics and legal requirements involved.

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

DB628

Please stop. You sound like a petulant child. Put down your toy trains for a bit and go get laid, if you are capable.

• Like Like x 4
  35. ARuscoe

This hasn't been ignored, it was answered months ago on a stream and by many others on the forum

• Like Like x 1
  36. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

paulmurphy_88 :cool:

DB628 - relax guy. Seen you as of late making demands etc. It doesnt work that way, sorry. Stop digging your hole deeper.

Best thing we can do is wait and see whats next

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  37. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I know it cost money and time to get it from Real life into TSW, that’s why I said you should bring it as Paid DLC and not for free. You need for every Train or Loco a new License? Because I have think the DB License is for everything like DB Regio, S-Bahn or Freight
    TrainSim-Daniel it was a Feedback to let you know that you included the wrong Trains and I want just helping you guys, that you fixed it when the time is right with correct Trains for the Route, I know it’s not happen from now to the next months like Bug fixing. You Must also understand me when my Home Line is incorrect that I’m really disappointed and sad that in TSW not runs the original Trains where I was travel in real life from the DB Era on Ruhr Sieg Nord. I love playing TSW on console, even with the texture loading issues.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Matto140

DB licence is some general licence for cooperation. Every vehicle have it's own licence agreement keep licence holders satisfied with final digital representant.

39. thearkerportian

DB is one thing, in some cases the manufacturer of the train has a word to say as well. Not only logos can be copyrighted, but shapes, designs in general can be as well. Just ask Apple about rounded corners ;)

Noteworthy in this context the percentage of TSW vehicles made by Bombardier. Maybe they are easier to work with?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  40. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

popcorn time

• Like Like x 6
  41. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The DB BR 425/426 are also from Adtranz and Bombardier. The easy thing is that the BR 423, 425 or 426 looks almost the same from outside and inside, only a small things a different.

42. thearkerportian

425 and 426 are fairly similar, but 423? Defeinitely not. Different floor height, different door arrangement, plane floor inside (as opposed to the ups and downs and inclines and pedestals in the 425/426). Different head ends. And a thousand details you won't notice at first or even second glance. Distance between bogies. Different width, (2840 mm vs. 3010 mm) and so on and so on.

I've created a (very simple) model of the ET423 for another game, and even at that simple level, should I ever do a 425 I'll probably start new from scratch rather than turning the 425 into a 423.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

I have credible evidence to prove they are not making Mittenwald route for TSW.

• Like Like x 4
  44. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

As if the devs denying it publicly on this forum wasn't enough

• Like Like x 5
  45. hyperlord

Maybe they deny first and surprise later? Some parents do this ;-)

46. Crochunter1970

Crochunter1970 Active Member

That was my evidence. Now you spoiled my big reveal.

• Like Like x 7
  47. MaddMo

MaddMo New Member

....pathetic.....

48. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Why is it so "pathetic"

49. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

OK so this is as baseless as you can get but that's why they call it the baseless speculation thread!

So at San Jose station on the Penn Corridor route, there are a few display screens that advertise a fictional bank, with the words "Banking New Jersey". Now i'm no expert but why would you advertise a New Jersey bank in California? They're on completely different corners of the USA!

Well what if DTG are hinting that New Jersey is the location for the next US route? Sure we have a long time until the US cycle begins again, but I know a few people on the forums wanted the NJT to be in TSW.

Also if you have MSB, you would know that "Banking" has a different meaning on the rails. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  50. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Maybe reused assets?