Regional Rider Trophy

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Factor41, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Is the Regional Rider trophy working since the 2020 update? The PS4 trophy now states "Ride as a passenger for 44.2km (27.5 miles) on Rapid Transit or Main-Spessart Bahn" but it's not popping for me.

I've started on foot and ridden both the MSB and RT routes from end to end as a passenger - either of them should have been plenty of distance to take the trophy. Am I missing something? Is there a particular way you have to exit once you've walked around in order to 'bank' the trophy or the distance walked, since there's no real end point if you start on foot? Other trophies pop mid-scenario so I was expecting this to do the same.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Factor41

I know it's bad form to comment on your own posts, but I've just ridden the Rapid Transit route again as a passenger, end to end, and it's still not given me the trophy. I must have done about 200km now as a passenger now. Is this glitched? :(

3. PeterL

PeterL New Member

I did get it after the 2020 update by driving some services in RT route (and sitting as passenger whenever i could while driving) and then changing seat from main driver to secondary driver in a 182-train scenario. Was quite surprised when it popped just after changing seats. So it IS achievable, but may or may not be glitchy.
    On a similar note, I got the 500 Sifa alarms-trophy after hearing a bell in NEC train several times so there are some weird things with the trophies.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

This trophy was delivered to me as soon as I had travelled the distance required, in the middle of the scenario/service that I was in. It isn't "glitched", directly....

I will put a workaround for a lot of "unobtainable" trophies onto the Forum soon, but I don't expect it to work with this trophy. That said, maybe the chances are slightly higher than I expect... So if you do try my workaround (coming on Friday), and it works with this trophy, then I would love to know...!! ;-)

But you might have to wait until DTG issue a trophy-specific fix for this one. I personally wouldn't ride in trains anymore, just to try and get this trophy (which won't come), but if you really enjoy doing that - go for it! ;-)

5. synthetic.angel

Hi Factor41 (..are you an Elastica fan...?)
    I have now dropped a general solution to broken trophies here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-workaround-tested-and-fixes-proposals.18340/

But it isn't really designed to deal with "Regional Rider". You can try it (with a new profile), and if it works, let me know. I think that you might need a bespoke solution, so take note of my comments on MSB if the trophy does not arrive immediately when you expect it.... I think the trophies are wired differently on MSB, so you could try this:

- use the solution in the link above
    - ride around for 30 miles, and when you are sure you have ridden 30 miles, under a brand new profile, do this:
    - leave the PS4 alone for six hours, sitting in the TSW main menu, or preferably, in the MSB route menu
    - do not launch any modules (scenarios/services)
    - do not switch off the PS4 (resting is okay though)

But, as I have said in my previous post, the real solution for you is to wait for DTG to push out a one time (or recurring) fix. I assume that TSW knows that you have ridden for hundreds of kms, so the fix would be in a patch that does this:

- has user ridden over 28 miles on MSB?
    - if yes, then award trophy (even if it might have been previously awarded)

Last note - remember that when riding, that the "objective distance" is as the crow flies, it isn't track miles...., but if you do 30 miles, as the crow flies, then you are covered...

6. Factor41

Lol, it was Sleeper actually, not Elastica, though the train link has only just occurred to me! :D

So, this is weird. Whilst I was riding the trains having started on foot, it felt like there was no real tracking of the distance I'd gone - with normal missions you seem to 'bank' the mileage at the end, once you've completed the service without SPADing or whatever. On foot, you never get to that point, because if you start a mission from the blue book icons, you go off elsewhere and the 'session' you're in seems to end without the debrief. I thought that shouldn't matter because the trophy should pop regardless once you've completed the required distance, but to that end, I thought I'd try what PeterL had suggested above, and do a service as a driver, but spend my time between stations sitting in a passenger seat. I picked an express MSB service to minimise stops, set off from the station and then moved into the passenger cabin. As soon as I sat down, the trophy popped!

Not sure if there's been a fix implemented in the last update which I just downloaded (no mention in the update notes) and that was all it took to trigger, or if you genuinely do have to be in a train rather than foot scenario for it to work. Either way, I have the trophy and all is good!

7. synthetic.angel

Yes - of course... Sleeper...! I always get these two mixed up. I went to an Elastica concert that was part of a multi-site festival, and Sleeper was being broadcast to the Elastica concert.... I preferred Sleeper, and then bought The It Girl, which is one fo my favourite albums....! Very Trainspotting too.... (another link for you...!).

Anyway..... I think that you and PeterL have discovered a specific bug, or maybe two. But how do you define them....? Maybe something like....:

1. The distance walked, and distance driven, do not get "banked" if your activity is started with a spawn walk
    2. Regional Rider trophy does not get awarded if the riding activity is started (or continued) with a spawn walk - the distance ridden appears to be counted, but the trophy doesn't get triggered/awarded unless you sit down in a module that was not started with "spawn walk"

I am not sure if the first one is actually true (that would need to be tested), but I think that is what you are saying... it would also be odd for the ridden distance to be counted in the background, but not the walked/driven distances...?

The second one is a specific problem with the trophy - and you and PeterL have identified the workaround. If both bugs are real, then there is a wider (unexpected) problem with the spawn walking activity.

I don't think that this issue was looked at in the last update:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-playstation-updates.15673/#post-95412

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

This is a strange one.

I left myself sat as a passenger on MSB while I was working, basically let it drive up and down all day.

It's not in my Trophy List where it says Not Earned, but it is reported as being earned 2 hours ago in my notifications.