Forum List Of Known Bugs And Issues (poll)

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by synthetic.angel, Sep 9, 2019.

?
  1. No way - ignorance is bliss....!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. "Bugs and Issues" - is that something to do with spiders?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It was tried before, but the List itself became a bug AND an issue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes - it is important to know what has been reported and when

28 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

It is now time for DTG to provide a Known List of Bugs and Issues.

The list of Bugs and Issues would include those bugs (and issues) that are "known", and this means:

- identified as an unexpected event/feature in the simulation (scenarios/services/etc.), or in the User Interface (UI) by either DTG, or anyone using TSW, where that bug is a repeatable persisting bug
    - has been reported on the Forum, or via the Support system
    - has been recognised by DTG as something that needs to be fixed

The list would not include:
    - issues related purely to CPU performance (framerate, etc.), unless there is an obvious identifiable reason for the performance issue within the scenario/service/etc.
    - things that are really just feature requests/suggestions

The list would be updated by DTG once per week, and published here, and each item would include:
    - the date that the issue had first been raised on the Forum and/or reported
    - a one line description of the bug/issue
    - an indication of when the bug is due to be fixed

The list will be shown in date order, with oldest issues at the top of the list. Bugs that prevent a simulation module (a scenario/service) from being completed will be highlighted as such, say, a pair of asterisks to highlight priority:

Key:
    [(Report date)][(*priority*))][(Location)][(Issue description)][(Fix target date)]

Example:
    (14/08/2019)(**)(MSB)(Red signal in service DB 86109 prevents service from being completed)(23/11/2019)

Once a complete list has been produced, the entries can then be given reference numbers, with the oldest starting with "00001". Hopefully there won't be 100,000 issues.... ;-)

(The reference number can then be used as shorthand, or to produce a list of Forum links that describe the issue in detail, etc.).

POLL - You can vote on this proposal! If there are enough people wanting a List, then maybe DTG will oblige.

• Like Like x 1
  2. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Woo Hoo! First vote!
    A list would be nice, however we have to remember that DTG need to spend time working on their product and not just getting people to write on a forum.

I agree that confirmed bugs that have been highlighted via the support ticket system, but I don't think they should give us a proposed fix, or timescale.
    We must remember that many bugs are not "simple" otherwise it is unlikely they would have been missed during the testing phase.

I think people should focus less on repeating the same gripes over and over, actually look through the forum and see if other have had the issue BEFORE saying the same things over and over.

The problem with a list from DTG is that if they can't deliver what they promise, people will actually have a reason to moan. Don't promise a fix, then it is nice when it is done.

For example, game crashing issues should be fixed long before people's gripes about the number of passengers or a light on the instrument panel that does not illuminate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I agree with nearly everything you say ("fix date" could be "planned patch date" - although I would like to know that progress is being made on an issue, even if a fix date is not yet confirmed - no date for fix would indicate no progress yet....).

A list would make it unnecessary to pick through the forums for previously reported bugs, and would shut down people asking for the same thing over and over - especially new people, like me, a few weeks ago. Although, yes, people will moan about progress, it would free up time for everyone.

And.. thanks for reminding me to vote on my own poll....! ;-)

• Like Like x 1