Train Sim World Great Western Express

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Lamar Pepino, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Lamar Pepino

Lamar Pepino New Member

Hello everyone! There is a problem with traffic lights, the lights do not change when I am allowed to proceed at a restricted speed. The destination is 5P17. Thank you all!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/483889801

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have had a chance to run this service and found where you went wrong, it is a common mistake a lot people make. Before departing bring up the 2d map and check your switches first. You were on the wrong track when leaving Old Oak Common.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lamar Pepino

Lamar Pepino New Member

I think that in life the driver does not make needle changes on the tracks or on the 2d map, they should correct it.

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

There is nothing to correct in this case, a train crew is responsible for switches in a yard. Once out onto the mainline then that becomes control of the dispatcher.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Is this also true in the UK? I live quite close to a large freight yard and all the points are controlled from a central control room using the digital railway concept..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2019
  6. thetigerman588

thetigerman588 New Member

This can change from place to place - if it is a quieter yard then it will be controlled by train crew wheras if it is a very busy yard then it will be controlled elsewhere ( This is quite irregular I believe though)

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

I came across this- quite interesting to see the development changes! I do think Network Rail gets a hard time sometimes when what theyre doing is effectively dragging the network into the 21st century.

• Like Like x 3