Ps4 Us September Savings Sale

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Sep 20, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

We have a sale currently running for PS4 US users featuring great savings on Long Island Rail Road, Main-Spessart Bahn and Northern Trans-Pennine, alongside Ruhr Sieg-Nord and DB BR 155!

Visit Store: bit.ly/2kuwW8c

PS4 US September Savings.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. PeterL

PeterL New Member

Out of curiosity, does the DLC work cross-region? I bought the game on EU psn. If I buy the DLC in US discount, will it still be compatible?

3. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

Think a little. You bought the game on EU servers where all sorts of different laws, regulations are held. Now, you want to add US stuff into EU stuff where EU does not have any say about as we have different regulations (as stated) over here and different systems.
    It's like taking a plug from standardized EU electric network, taking over to the US and hoping that it works. It doesn't.
    To make things more clear, US is using different signaling system, different track width etc. It's like hoping that class 43 hst is going to run over in US network like a dream.
    Use your logic and common sense a little ;)

4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

My friend uses a Playstation that was bought in the US, in the UK. We both have travel adapters that work fine... ;-)

I don't know how she managed the PSN accounts, but I would imagine that any DLC, as a download, would be exactly the same. (I might be wrong, of course). You might have a general point about local Regulations on "frequency of sales", but this doesn't affect the purchaser. There could be another issue though - which is VAT (or sales tax)... because the purchase could be considered to be an import...

Anyway - it's all a bit of a moot point, as these DLCs are well into their "will frequently appears at 66% off" cycle - and maybe they'll be 75% off, fairly soon, in Europe... ;-)

5. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I have a game bought in US. None of the DLC's bought from EU PSN store work.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Sure there will be a Europe sale soon. I'll take RSN if they offer it at 65% off.

7. Boda09

Boda09 Member

Can we in europe have that? I want the 155 on discount. The rest i have

8. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

You can’t use an EU gift card in US
    But you can use different EU gift cards in another country
    For example

Imagine im in France
    I can use a German EU gift card

9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

So, seems like there's a sale on and TSW is reduced on the UK PS store from £24.99 to £16.99 but no discounts on any of the DLC (at least none that I can still see prices for and not Purchased). How come US users got RSN and the 155 reduced, but we don't?

10. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

That question would be better directed to Sony. Dovetail has little to no control over the Sales on Playstation. Its Sony that makes the deceision what they put on sale or not.