PlayStation Stations With No Regular Services

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ildario77, Sep 22, 2019.

1. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Hello. Acton Main Line and West Ealing are not served by any train in console versions of GWE. That's a shame cause they are pretty small stations that would give more variety to the game's timetable.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

There's always the welcome glitch.

If you start a journey mode service and then exit out to the GWE timetable mode it will "unlock" the missing otherwise PC only class 166 services. Without looking I think there's another 70 or so available. Amongst these are trains that stop at Acton Main Line and West Ealing, also the branch lines gain AI operated trains.

You do have to repeat the process if you back out to the main menu.

Your PS4 won't explode, everything seems to run just fine. :)

Edit: I did look - You get 71 extra 166 services plus 2 more on the HST. The HSTs become 7 and 8 coach units too.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  3. ildario77

Wow, thanks. Didn't know that. I'll try this later

• Like Like x 2
  4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Oh wow. That's an amazing find. Even better than this:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/a-funny-little-easter-egg-in-msb.18458/

I note that the release of the extra services is only temporary - you have to repeat the process again.... etc. I wonder if they get counted by the base program, if you complete them....

Anyway - if you are aware of any other gltches that release large amounts of content..... can you let us know... ?

;-) ;-) ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

so if i go on to GWE journey service and then exit it should give more services?

6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Yup. ;)

I've just tried it again, still works. Let's hope they don't 'fix' it.

As noted above it's only temporary, if you back out to the main route choice menu you have to repeat the journey process. Still it's pretty good in bringing GWE alive.

If you start TSW while standing on your left leg and simultaneously touching the top of your head with your right hand it unlocks CSX Heavy Haul. :love:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  7. ildario77

Finally I stopped at Acton Main Line and West Ealing in a very british rainy morning ;)

• Like Like x 3
  8. synthetic.angel

BTW - I get 65 "extra" services - it goes from 274 (when you launch GWE) to 339 (when you leave a service in GWE Journey mode).

Of course, there is another way to look at this glitch.....which is that there are 339 servces in GWE, but only 274 of them show up when you launch GWE, unless you go into Journey mode, which, upon exiting, reveals the other 65 in the Timetable mode..... It sounds nuts, but that is actually what is happening... ;-)

Reading this made me spill my tea. LOL... ;-) Funnily enough, for new PS4 players, this matter is sorted, because they are accidentally giving out RT and NEC in the TSW2020 downloads - and they might not be able to undo this easily, because of the links with GWE...

• Like Like x 1
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

That's true, but the performance does suffer quite a bit.

I was wondering how I'd managed to get a longer HST to drive the other day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Only just found this thread. Baffling that this is even a thing!

11. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Let me start then.

• Like Like x 1
  12. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

When there is a full moon if you face magnetic north while keeping one foot in a bucket all the restricted tracks on the Oakville route become available. ;)

Guarantees are not guaranteed.

• Like Like x 2
  13. synthetic.angel

That's the second keyboard trashed with a gob full of spilled tea.... ;-D

As it happens - I found my own salvation with CSX:HH - as soon as my new PC arrived, I installed TSW onto it - and I even gave it space on my SSD... Despite not advertising the presence of CSX:HH (when you look at Steam), it is still included (just as NEC and RT are on the PS4 "base collection", but not advertised...).

• Like Like x 2
  14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yup, it's not in the bundle list at the top, but it IS in the "Key features" list further down

15. synthetic.angel

I bought this version a few days ago:

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/433256/

And I could not see CSX:HH listed anywhere. I just checked it again, and I still can't find these Key Features. I had a really good look. What am I missing here?

(and yes, even if it seems really basic - seriously - I don't know what I am not seeing...)

16. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

17. danistarwars

danistarwars Active Member

Just a question. I know this thread is old, but is the less services on console only a thing on GWE?

18. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I believe so. GWE was one of the earlier routes and the way it was created proved to be less than optimum for performance so was scaled back on consoles.

19. LuPatrenX

LuPatrenX Member

This must be base level console issue then. Because I'm on PS4 Pro and barely noticed a dip when I ran the experiment today. To the point of being negligible.

This does give me hope for versions that come after next-gen consoles arrive. From what I can gather (due to the SSDs and, at least on Sony's end] ease of development being a key goal) we shouldn't have any excuse as to why TSW can't become the simulator they sold it to us as.

Just thinking about what TSW could become if a new version (made for PC and Next-Gen consoles) were made. I imagine most of LIRRs electric territory would be possible along with a combo of Brighton Main Line and East Coastway (to Ore) as the connection between Lewes and the BML. Trains running close to their real world schedules.

Rant over, but a man can dream. And I'd happily pay $60 per for that dream.

• Like Like x 1