Ntp Passengers Not Boarding

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Thunderer, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm working through the NTP journeys on the PS4.

Journey number 7 for the DMU (starts in the snow at Manchester Victoria)

At the start of the mission, there are already passengers on my train, it tells me to unlock the doors, which I do, but the passengers boarding does not start.

Excluding the fact that they may well have been on one of my trains before and are therefore scared for their lives for riding with me, I assume this is a bug.

Anyone else seen this or know if there is a fix?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I've already seen threads about this. Did you search before posting?

3. Thunderer

Can't see anything specifically for this route.

4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Sadly, there aren't enough minutes in the hour to test every single part of TSW, before publishing it and selling it for quite a large amount of cash. There is a bug here. You have actually started the "passenger loading" activity, but it has immediately frozen, and this normally happens for one of two reasons:

1. Your train is moving (even if very slowly, so slowly you can't see it, but the gradient just slightly overcomes the braking)
    2. Your train is not in the right position on the platform

Given these two options, and the assumption that option 2 should be extremely unlikely, given that this is the start of the service module, I extensively tested Option 1. Part of this involved checking the status of the cab at the other end, and then I was confronted with these guys, looking quite intimidating....! This, it turns out, was a mistake. Not because I am afraid of Yorkshiremen (although I suspect that these guys are going back to Manchester...).

Intimidating.jpg

It was a mistake because the problem is quite surprisingly, Option 2. The train is in the wrong position to start with. Or, more correctly, the driving cab is not lined up with the Objective marker. The Objective marker has been placed under the cab at the other end of the train, as you can see here:

101 Journey 7 Setup.jpg

So... you have to go past those two Manchester lads again... And move the train north, a full train length. But. You can't. Because there isn't enough of a gap to the red signal to your north, so you will SPAD whichever direction you go. So, you are completely stuck. Of course, had this "Journey" module been tested - say, if anyone at DTG looked at it for as long as 60 seconds, before publishing, then they would have known it was broken before they sold it. But, you know, they are trying their best to learn things, and they are a small company, in a niche market, with a very small number of (satisfied) customers, and TSW is a vastly complex bit of software - you know - it is a simulator, after all..., etc.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Thunderer

Thanks for confirming it is indeed a bug s.a.

Those Manc twins are quite menacing, even though the one on the left seems to have the hips of a woman.

Oh well, I suppose I will wait for DTG to get their tiger-team bug fixers to sort this one out pronto.

I do think though that they are playing a dangerous game with allowing such easily preventable bugs to get onto the console version.

6. synthetic.angel

I feel mostly sorry for the passengers:

Disappointed.jpg

Plotting Revenge.jpg

Peeved.jpg

Unsurprised.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  7. synthetic.angel

And these:

Fed Up.jpg

Non Plussed.jpg

Unimpressed.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  8. some1

some1 New Member

Still broken on PC too :(

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jestadarlo

jestadarlo New Member

I posted about this a few weeks ago, still having the same problem, although the explanation by s.a clears that up