PlayStation Ntp Passengers Not Boarding

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Thunderer, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Anyone else had this on the DMU journey number 7?

It starts at Manchester Victoria in the snow, the passengers simply refuse to board (they may have ridden with me before of course and are therefore scared :) ) - there are already passengers on my train at the start of the mission.

But the passengers loading counter does not start. No matter how I long I sit there with my doors unlocked.

I have posted it in the Bugs thread too,

2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Just as a test try opening the opposite side doors. There's a glitch on some platforms that requires it.

3. Thunderer

No joy PjM, I've tried unlocking left, then right, then right then left then both.

I think the problem maybe that they are already on the train, so when you open the doors the boarding does not start.

I can't just drive off without them at the schedule start time either because I'd be going straight through a red.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Ah well, worth a try. If I get a chance later I'll give that journey a go to see if I get the same problem.

• Like Like x 1
  5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I did give it a go and indeed the passengers just stand there in the snow instead of climbing aboard the train.

Although the same 13.09 service in timetable mode works fine!

• Like Like x 1
  6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I think that you've found a "bug".... So, I am going to respond to this more helpfully in your other thread here:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/ntp-passengers-not-boarding.18450/

Of course, alternatively you could just consider this module as part of the simulator, in the sense that sometimes the railway, particularly in 1983, just didn't always work, and that's even if they tested things beforehand (which isn't the case here - the module wasn't tested...). If you want to take this approach, then all you need to do is set up the train as below, and then Quit the service.... ;-)

101 Journey 7 Front.jpg
    101 Journey 7 Rear.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thunderer

Thanks PjM.

If I do the timetable version will it also 'tick off' the route as complete in Journeys too I wonder?

8. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

No... no it won't. We should send these guys over to the DTG offices... to... politely ask them to fix the NTP modules....

Really Angry x2.jpg