Tsw: Hagen – Take Two!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Here are the trophies
    rro.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Frankly, no, couldn't say I cared too much about whether there's a DB logo or whatever on that train. What does that help with, other than look nice. (And look realistic, which is kind of a deal in a simulator. Point taken.) The Metra trains in TS20xx had their logos removed for example, yet that was among my favourite add-ons. There may be edge cases, for example when an emblem takes up the entire side of a locomotice (Acela Express or CalTrain for example), but then still, at least me personally would have get used quick enough to a plain white F40PH loco.

Or, to give an example from my own experience, I used to create drawings of various trains just for fun and creativity's sake. Some companies though, have a reputaion to be EXTREMELY rigorous when it comes to using their logos, so what I did is this:
    HST Virgin Black.PNG
    Just replace the logo with something that looks similar enough, yet is completely fictional and made up.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

I already love this new Route!!! DB BR 422 (EMU), 143, 155, 182 (Taurus 3), 185.2, 185.5 and freight+passenger services. I love it!!!

• Like Like x 3
  4. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

16B1A1F5-E3D3-472E-AC85-7C24D790EF2E.jpeg I’m going to assume that this picture is showing the point where the passenger services take the S-Bahn and the freight services continue down the the main line. Will other passenger trains coming from Ruhr-Sieg Nord always take the S-Bahn line or will they also travel the main line? I noticed on the 422 how the simple pattern of red with the white passenger doors looks great! The passenger wagons line up perfectly, are we seeing something similar to the Doppelstockwagen cab car? I noticed it’s an EMU, which is also what the rest of the German trains are in TSW? Either way I’m excited!

• Like Like x 3
  5. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

Will we get all the freight cars from MSB and RSN in RRO?

• Like Like x 1
  6. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

Reginal Services will take the main line i think, which means you have to own another route to have them. (or maybe it comes with 185 and Dostos)
    Like he said, you are going to be able choose all these ones... for sure

7. thearkerportian

Correct, that appears to be at Hagen-Wehringhausen, where the S-Bahn branches off from the mainline.
    If you own at least one DLC of MSB or RSN, you will have Regional trains using the mainline in addition to the freighters. What do you mean by line up perfectly? It's an EMU, it's not that you can take the segments apart and shunt them around on their own.
    The ET 422 is the second German EMU in TSW, after RT's ET 442. If that's what you meant.

You are aware these are merely taken from other add-ons, are you? Or, not even taken, you must own the older DLC to drive them on RRO.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. matthewbguilford

Yes the ET 442 which is a blast to drive. So this will be the first German EMU made in a while so it will be nice to have a more up to date option. Thanks for pointing out that the cab is built in because it’s an EMU.

9. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

10. thearkerportian

Yeah.. one takes about 25 minutes end to end, the other a jaw-whopping 35.
    "Drive 422 kilometers in the ET422" I think the only game where you pass along always the very same places over and over and over again even more often than on RRO would be some NASCAR racing game...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mkdog45

Im so hyped for this one, it is going to be great

12. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

after ran for 1660 km (or miles?) with the BR Class 166 nothing can scared me haha XD

• Like Like x 4
  13. Mkdog45

This is what Dovetail said about it being a short route.
    " We are trying something new with RRO – for the first time in TSW we have two lines. RRO features the S8 Line between Hagen Hbf and Wuppertal Steinbeck, in addition to the freight main line between Hagen and Wuppertal yards, crossing over and under to form the multi-track stretch into Wuppertal."

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Mkdog45

dtg.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  15. thearkerportian

Thanks, I'm familiar with the area, I've travelled that route in reality a couple of dozen times probably. We've been discussing this for two and a half pages now. Adding the two lines together we're at about 45 kilometers. Still not exactly impressive, and it doesn't do anything to make each run longer in any way.

16. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Very true and very obvious. However, i still want to thank DTG for communicating to the fans/consumers about our questions and concerns. Would have been nice if they had chose to communicate "Here" instead of social media but thats just an opinion and nothing else.:cool: I applaud dtg for trying something different but from my perspective as "a console gamer",
    tsw has limited content right now and Penninsula Corridor is an absolute blast to play. It will give me and many others many many hours of fun and actually feels like a "real journey". Most people especially console gamers view new content/dlc as if they are sequels not a "new game". DTG has stated before that each dlc is like a new game. Some may not be able to grasp that philosophy just yet. SEQUELS are supposed to be BIGGER and BETTER than there predecessors.

The interesting thing is that i believe more people like myself who already own Ruhr Sieg Nord would have been WAYYY more exited about a route extension. It makes sense especially since there are already route extensions for Train Simulator.

On a postive note, if dtg wants to release "shorter routes" more often and then maybe a "longer route" a few months later with a few loco dlc in between then i am TOTALLY ALLLL IN!! :D

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  17. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The route extensions in TS require the base route. I'm not sure DTG want to go down the path of making RRO exclusive to owners of RSN if they were to do it the same way (Although it's probably a good bet that anyone interested in buying RRO would most definitely already own RSN).

In hindsight, maybe they should have packaged RSN with TSW2020 instead of MSB which would then ensure 'most' people own RSN making any route extensions to it a bit of a no-brainer.

All this is moot though, as RRO isn't a route extension and probably never will be officially. Possibly once the modding tools are out, someone out there will merge the 2 routes (likewise for NEC and LIRR)

18. zane88

zane88 Active Member

And there lies the real problem here my friend. Train Simulator has a real business model that people are familiar with.
    Those of you who play trainsimulator on pc know what to expect.

Train Sim World however only has small library, hasn't been out super long, and the devs haven't told us what the long term strategy is. I do not own a gaming pc but i never really knew just how much i love trains until i bought tsw and now i cant get enough. I would love for dtg to be more open about actual " dlc release strategy" with us. Not a complaint, but just a wish.

• Like Like x 1
  19. matthewbguilford

In my opinion them announcing a new route having two different lines even though it’s shorter is more exciting, DTG is trying something new which I think in the long term is a great thing to do. I think most everybody will be happy when we actually see more information.

• Like Like x 1
  20. thearkerportian

Other than the teaser screenshot, the initial post from James in this thread, and Dmitri explaining how the amputated Schwebebahn came to be, I haven't seen any communication on the topic from DTG here whatsoever. (Which doesnt have mean there was none) But then again, what is there really for them to say. "Sorry, we'll postpone the release another 6 months and build the a bit more of the route"? - That's not how it works either, it's not that I'm not aware of that. "If you don't like it, don't buy it"? Well, ask EA how that ended when they tried.
    The Peninsula DLC from just last month was so fabulous is pretty much every way possible, and people (or, well, at least me) were getting their hopes up that TSW finally, finally is headed in the direction we always dreamed it to go - and then the devs come up with THIS. A novelty thanks to the double routing, yes, nobody is complaining about that. But other than that, it seems like we're being sold the absolute minimum viable product. And that just leaves a bitter taste coming from a company which, a mere six weeks ago, has proven that they can do so, so much better.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I think it's clear the long term strategy for TSW will be similar to TS. Once the dev tools are out there and made available to 3rd parties, DLC will be released on a more frequent basis which DTG will receive a cut of for each sale. It's in their best interest to get them out there asap....I know it's way delayed, but I'm sure there are very good internal reasons why it has been.

I agree communication could be better and a development roadmap would be great...but it is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
  22. zane88

zane88 Active Member

I know just how you feel which is why i was so exited about the possibilty of a route extension. Can you imagine how incredible that would be? And yes,
    The Peninsula dlc was incredible and just what i needed to keep me happy for a while.

23. thearkerportian

Well as long as we stick to realistic services, connecting these particular routes wouldn't have made too much sense, as there are no trains coming from the Ruhr-Sieg line that continue toward Wuppertal. Nonetheless I would like the possibility. Rolling into Hagen on the RB from RSN, walking over to the other platform and then driving the S-Bahn would've been something sure enough. And who knows, maybe there would indeed have been the occasional freighter that goes the full length from Wuppertal to Finnentrop.

24. matthewbguilford

If they are going to make a route extension I would like to see the older route updated to be on par with the newer routes. Going from RSN to RRO without any graphical update would be pretty noticeable. I’m assuming that would be very time consuming. I would rather a bigger route catalogue first before going back and updating older routes.

25. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It’s like two routes in one. So the total is about 40 miles still.

• Like Like x 1
  26. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Hmm...you have a point there. Specifically DTG stated that you can get more freight/passenger traffic if you already own MSB or RSN, and there will be additional timetabled services. Also, since this new routes includes the Schewebahn system, means that we will be enjoying the route more since less detail is left out of the route. Adding on that, this isn’t the first time DTG has made a route for TSW that was previously an installment for the Train Simulator franchise on Steam, since they already did that for the Peninsula Corridor. I also honestly think that DTG is doing a good job in letting console players have the advantage on getting TS routes on TSW, as well as in terms of locomotive handling, sounds, and controls, including outside scenery on routes. This might just be the best route DTG has made besides Peninsula Corridor!!

27. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

The images also look really interesting!

• Like Like x 1
  28. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Yessssss I always wanted this
    :)
    :)

I was hoping the next route could be Rhein Ruhr
    If your gonna make this a short route then I suggest you make it longer.

29. UnlimitedMagic

Lol I even predicted the S8 line as well

30. UnlimitedMagic

But peninsula corridor was close to 80km

31. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Haha No. it’s maybe 40 Kilometer with the two parts and not miles

• Like Like x 1
  32. CrossEyedMary

CrossEyedMary New Member

Will the 422 services actually shuttle back and forth between Hagen and Wuppertal or will they continue off the map?
    I only ask because I much prefer those services in which you complete a full journey even if it means not travelling over the entire length of a route.

• Like Like x 4
  33. thearkerportian

If it is recreated realistic, they will continue off the map at both ends. While Hagen technically is the terminus of the S8, the trains swap over to the S5 bound for Dortmund. Wuppertal-Steinbeck on the other side is just a random stop on the S8, not even sure if there's switches to change tracks.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’d check those numbers if I were you..

• Like Like x 5
  35. horrorcreepermc

horrorcreepermc New Member

I like how much effort they put into graphical details, but when I look at the screenshot I still dont see any appearance of the EBULA System, which is currently missing on all german routes and makes it pretty much undrivable without the HUD!

• Like Like x 2
  36. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

They most probably go off the map as you can see on the screenshots

37. matthewbguilford

E18C0CC4-E466-48A1-AEEF-0A826693E675.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  38. metr0p0litain

metr0p0litain Active Member

TrainSim-James Why is it called "Osten"? For me as a native German speaker this sounds strange. Please change it to Ost. It's the same like Ruhr-Sieg Nord, not Norden.

• Like Like x 5
  39. thearkerportian

Affirmative. Might have pointed it out if my inner railbuff hadn't outscreamed my inner language purist in agony. :D

• Like Like x 1
  40. thearkerportian

As pointed out in another thread already, the skybox looks a lot better than on earlier routes. That 422 Running an RE however, and from THAT platform... I hope that's only for promo so you could get it in one picture with the freighter.

• Like Like x 1
  41. seblay1608

seblay1608 Well-Known Member

Eventuell a szenario for RSN?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  42. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The sky is edited.

43. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Not only the sky is edited... the lens flares too... dont believe any DTG screenshots or you will be disappointed.

• Like Like x 7
  44. thearkerportian

Eventually =/= eventuell. Possibly you mean ;)

But yes, that may be an explanation as well.

45. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

If only it looked that nice in game without the edits...

Instead we have a laughable 2D looking skybox, which looks over a decade old.

46. matthewbguilford

B7BAE83E-6B05-41AF-B5AA-1C44291FEF09.jpeg
    2C4F4A4F-58E5-4050-8D8B-3003C7772481.jpeg
    We are also getting the zacns freight wagon!

• Like Like x 3
  47. thearkerportian

48. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

How is it 40miles?

49. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

It's 29 miles (42 km) even with both routes put together.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Although this hasn't been mentioned in any of the official announcements yet, since both routes include Hagen, it seems possible that activities could be added with Hagen as a transition or overlap location. For example, on Ruhr-Sieg, a train finishes its run at Hagen; the player can then change to Rein-Ruhr, where another activity includes an activity that begins at Hagen and proceeds to Wuppertal. If this is a freight train, shunting might take place to exchange wagons or engines at Hagen.
    Even if DTG doesn't include activity pairs such as this, purchasers of both routes could concoct their own even before the editor becomes available.
    Let's be quicker to use our imaginations to see possibilities rather than our anger to condemn what is (or soon will be) available.

• Like Like x 4