Fishing Sim World Adjust The Size Of Bass Fish

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Vintage1944, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Vintage1944

Vintage1944 Member

the length compared to weight is way to over exaggerated. I pulled out a 24 inch Bass that only weighed 12 pounds, that very unrealistic if I caught a 24 inch bass that thing would at least weigh 18+. the mere size of the bass thats currently in the game make them look like monster trophies but they way too less to even be close. A 12 pound fish shouldn't look like it should weigh 25lbs some of the bass look half the size of the angler in the game when he holds it up. please fix this

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Yeah agree not just bass though there are a lot of fish that need adjustment. Look at porthos on my profile picture. Think you would agree that he doesn’t look 73.5 lbs looks about 12 lbs

• Like Like x 2
  3. joshuamcfadyen19

joshuamcfadyen19 Member

Before they fix anything related to cosmetic issues, there are many more issues that should be fixed first that actually have to do with gameplay. But i will agree with you. To add to your point, the coho and chinook salmon are in their spawning colours, even when found in the middle of the lake. If the fish are not spawning (in creeks) they should be silver realistically.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Oh they have silver as well you haven’t caught one yet? They put in both phases. The Muskies are what is a mess they are pixilated real bad. Lake Dylan is almost non playable because of it and the arapaima fight times with the pike and Muskies. Now it’s happening sometimes on boulder and on miller. A lot of the gameplay issues they are chipping away at it. They have come along way since game came out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. joshuamcfadyen19

joshuamcfadyen19 Member

I have not caught a silver salmon of any kind yet and i have caught alot of them. I dont own any dlc lakes yet.

6. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

They are in miller they aren’t as common as the red or yellow but they are in there. If you look at the fishing sim world home page and scroll down to the salmon update announcement you will see a silver one.

7. joshuamcfadyen19

joshuamcfadyen19 Member

I was just practice fishing miller for an elite career tourny, cant seem to find any bass but i caught badger at 18lbs on a buzzbait (???). Then caught a 13lb walleye right after that looked bigger than badger.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

That is awesome. I still haven’t got him. The boss fish seem smaller a lot. I have caught some big walleye in that are think biggest was 18 but not him. I unfortunately don’t fish the tourneys but the temperature I am sure makes a difference as it does in career and free fishing. Couple hotspots for the bass I know of is all around shabby cove.bearskin park at the southern part of the islands there is a house that area is deadly for bass. Badger creek has a lot of bass as well but to be honest any of the pegs you launch from has the bass nearby always. I would suggest this. Look for a lot of fish that are small and you will be right on them. Also topwater lure is great to use first because you will start calling them in and can see if it’s something else. Unfortunately at miller there is a lot of species so that can be an issue. Good luck

9. joshuamcfadyen19

joshuamcfadyen19 Member

Yea i don’t really have any issues with catching bass in the career tourny’s besides boulder. I always end up finding them even if they’re deep. If you want the spot i caught badger at let me know.

10. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Yeah you do the same thing I do on boulder. As for badger sure I believe he is just east right off that point east of the top peg. But if that’s not where you caught him sure would love to know. I posted a ton of trophy fish here or on the Facebook fan page. If you want an easy one pecos is pretty easy he is in the cove just opposite of the barrel location on the map just slightly north of the bottom right peg. Just cast into that inlet. Porthos seems no one can get him but how I got him and see him almost every time is I go to the rock island to th right just go past it and turn the boat around and cast diagonal towards the point on the opposite shoreline on the right and work the casts towards the front of the rock island. You will know when you see him because he is way bigger than the rest of the Muskies. It’s when you pull him out of the water he looks small.

11. Vintage1944

Vintage1944 Member

yeah and the fighting for bass as well its bad have never seen a bass video with a 6 min fight ever and never will because its a fast paced sport when hooked

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  12. joshuamcfadyen19

joshuamcfadyen19 Member

I think the issue that dt is encountering is that most people who play this game are bass oriented.
    This means Dt needs to make the game somewhat challenging for those who play bass tourny’s. Think about it, if you have 80lb braid on and a land monster fish in under 10 seconds, then this game would be boring. However, if you hook a monster fish and it takes forever to land, then this game is also boring because of the long fight. There needs to be some aspect of skill required to land a nice fish, not just hookset, reel and release. While i do believe that for this to be a quality game (which i love and hate at separate moments), there needs to be a certain level of skill involved in landing fish, however the bass landing times are fairly large, especially in a tournament round where its 2 min to land a fish on 30lb braid in a 20 min tourny.

13. joshuamcfadyen19

joshuamcfadyen19 Member

I appreciate the info, i’m not sure if you play with anyone or what, but i fish seriously irl, and really enjoy this game at times. If you’d like to play, let me know and i will give you my psn. I am happy to share spots and tips, im sure you know alot aswell. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Unfortunately I don’t have plus and I guess you need that to play online. Hopefully will get it someday

• Like Like x 1
  15. Vintage1944

Vintage1944 Member

yeah for sure

• Like Like x 1
  16. chefnolty90

chefnolty90 New Member

17. chefnolty90

chefnolty90 New Member

I honestly would like the max weight of a largemouth to reflect the current world record at some point in the game you should come across 20+ pound bass or boss bass they call it and me personally they should use real world simulator of the lakes we fish

18. jluntz221

jluntz221 New Member

I agree on this for nearly all of the fish in the game (catfish being the worst), but (in my opinion) the bass are actually pretty accurate for the most part except in a couple of the lakes where they look huge and pregnant, 13-16lbs but only weigh 10lbs. I fish 3-4 days a week here in TX and have done a lot of real life bass tourneys and 8lb bass have been 19-25inches. My most recent 4.5lbs bass I caught (in real life) two weeks ago was 17.5 inches long. They definitely get more portly or "wider" and fatter than they do longer as they get above 10lbs. The world record is 22lbs 4 ounces and was only 29 inches long.