PC Hello? Matt? Where Is The Editor Tool?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by GaiusGracchus, Sep 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSW FSX

TSW FSX New Member

Another interesting thing about us is that if it is the editor to come out sometime outward, we should not have any information on how it will working any information with video instructions and all the things that will show its functionality. which they did not do at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

One area that might be awkward is what happens with freeware liveries, locos or routes. Steam workshop can be used for PCs and I'm pretty certain that DTG have committed to provide workshop support in TSW but that doesn't help console users.

However one step at a time. First DTG have to release the editor and associated documentation and tutorial videos for the open beta. Fingers crossed this happens before the end of this year.

• Like Like x 2
  3. MADxHAWK

MADxHAWK Member

Well i came here after i bought TSW about 1 year ago and hoped to find some news regarding the editor.
    Sadly there seems to be no news.
    TSW is at best in an early Alpha stage and not a full size simulator.
    Every German route dont work as they should and instead of fixing it they keep releasing DLCs with the same freaking errors.
    For example Signal shows Hp 2
    [​IMG]
    Which means proceed with 40km/h if no opther speed is given by a Zs 3, but the speed is not limited by the Signal, you can pass the signal with normal line speed. If you are lucky there will be a speed reduction a few 10m behind the Signal.
    At least it worked on Train Simulator so Dovetail should know meanings of signals by now and should also know that the signal itself limit the speed and not the route some 10-100m behind the Signal.
    LZB dont work on any route, PZB seems to work as it should.

So no updates / Fix for old bugs, no Editor and most of the rout you wont ever see cause you cant use it. There is no free roaming, timetable scenarios dont use any sidings, and mostly not not even the whole possible route.
    This game is maybe at a stage of 50% ready to publish and i regrett that i spend money and cant even refund it :/

So instead of publishing DLC with errors that never will get fixed give us the damn editor and let the community make some good scenarios using the whole available routes and not only 2/3rd of it.

• Like Like x 13
  4. spina304

spina304 Member

But a lot of forum member's still keep defending dtg and talking how good the next dlc will be and what great progress dtg made . Even there is no progress. and old bugs are still not fixed. Good example: topic about upcoming new german dlc. People are hype about new features that actually are copletly useless. But try to write something about it and they name you killjoy.

• Like Like x 4
  5. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

The lack of input form the DTG representatives on this thread is telling, but then again why would they need to come in on to it to defend their position when other forum members do it for them. :D

• Like Like x 4
  6. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

There's nothing particularly helpful they could say (except "please stop calling us crooks and idiots; we're doing our best with finite resources"). Wise authors don't read reviews of their books, and I think the wiser DTG devs will try to stay well clear of threads like this. Anyway, they don't have time to waste on forums; they're busy writing the editor.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Delta_Who

Delta_Who Well-Known Member

Slight flaw in that analogy, but this isn't really comparable to a book. A book, you can write the beginning, middle and end of the story and not have your experience or story interrupted by fans of said book.

What DTG have chosen to do here, is commit to actively write a new book with several chapters missing... and market the book to a diverse audience within that genre. The first "chapter" of TSW was fantastic, and showed so much untapped potential. Fast forward 1-2 years later, and we're still missing several items that were either promised... or composed as part of previous Train Sim titles. Including multiplayer, more diverse ai traffic that is not limited to dlc rolling stock, editor or steam engines. In addition to numerous untouched bugs across their 16 DLCs (Now valued closer to £300 worth)

I certainly do not like arguing against DTG or TSWs direction, and I'm fairly positive that there are plenty of people enthusiastic and passionate on the team. But I don't think the disgruntlement in the community is that shocking, as most people simply want the tools to go ahead and rapidly expand the simulator. A little more transparency/communication can go a long way. If there is an issue... great. Tell us what it is. My interest is certainly not in purchasing another £25 german dlc with re-used rolling stock within the 20-40 mile range.

• Like Like x 9
  8. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

BIB I seriously doubt the people who are responsible for looking after the forum are the ones who are actually working on the editor. :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

They don't have to. No company has to tell you what issues they have with products they haven't released.
    The constant bouncing of heads off walls about the editor is basically nonsensical, and I have little doubt that when the editor DOES come along there will be numerous issues and headaches about that too, but then I get downvotes galore when I suggest that the 3rd parties are as bad, if not worse than DTG (including payware that includes broken scenarios etc)

• Like Like x 3
  10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Gee! Their crystal ball app must have failed them!

11. DigitalRails

DigitalRails Member

I'm a time traveler. I come in peace. Area 51 raid failed unfortunately but in 2044 we found the Train Sim World Editor in it! The 20 million people Train Sim World community destroyed area 51 with flying trains powered by hydrogen, dark matter and Unreal Engine 7! Multiplayer can also be found there but we couldn't get it. :/ Oh god, I have to go my signal is disconnecting.

B̴͉̲̝̤̑̿͝Z̷̟̭̩͍̙͉̑̀̂̈͆Z̸̧̼̗̝͎͌̓̀͘Ž̸͔̠̬͒͆̏Z̵̧͈̥̦̪̤̤̃̓̉̋͑͐͑̏̚Z̶̦̞̯͔̩̘͍̊̿̽́̕͝͝Z̴̛͈̹͍͙̪̤̒̔́Z̵̢̨̜͔̩̻̎̂Z̷̡̳͔̦̞̤͉͖̪̓̋̐̀͊͒̀

[CONNECTION LOST]

A comment from their Editor preview video on youtube.

:D:D

• Like Like x 7
  12. saint.russian

saint.russian Member

I will strongly disagree that
    and that
    The game is actually quite good. A lot has been done with it. and I dont think DTG really position TSW as a "full-fledged simulator" like for example DCS. Although There are bugs, I have no regrets at all for purchasing TSW and any of its dlcs.

The issue is that if a company's vision of where they want to take their product diverges with where I as a consumer want to see it go, I may not support them with any new purchase.

As I stated before, its not so much the absence of the editor, it's just that people (CUSTOMERS!) want to know information on how things are progressing with the editor, THEY WANT TO KNOW THAT THEY AREN'T WAITING FOR SOMETHING THAT MAY NOT BE COMING AT ALL, THAT DTG DIDN'T SECRETLY CANCEL THE RELEASE for whatever reason (perhaps upper management may have decided: We release the editor -> 3rd parties make their routes -> we lose on sales of our own routes). Only Matt knows, and he is staying silent which sucks.

Well, to DTG I have this to say... As of today I'm missing $90(with steam disc)-$100(full price) worth of DLCs to complete the collection (not including the upcoming one), but my money "is coming to you soon... it's on the way...... coming along nicely... .still on the way........just keep waiting........... soon.............. I don't have information to share on when it will come to you but ...... soon............ ..... ........... .................. ................... ........... .................. ................. ......................... .................... ........."

You see what I did there Dovetail? ;)

...perhaps when TSW will finally have native VR support that I (personally) really want? IDK, I don't have any info to share at this time.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  13. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Thing is we have longer routes and content for TS2018 but under used, look at Just Trains Western Mainlines, there’s a cry out for a longer GWR but will anyone make any content for it?

I just think we have people who are too easily put off projects within the community because of some foul minded individual who has to give two cents of not much; so do we want an editor for the right reasons as it’ll be extensively used or more expertly made content but outdated stock to run it on.

As we can see here we still have the HST and 166 from 2007 in TS2018

14. ferrolun

ferrolun New Member

+1

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  15. hightower

hightower Guest

The problem with JT’s Great Western Mainlines is that it’s a complete mess. They do make some good stuff, but this route doesn’t come into that category. It is so poorly built the performance is shocking, it comes with virtually no rolling stock (except reskinned Kuju stuff) and is essentially mile after mile of repetitive identical trees and poor scenery. For all those reasons I believe it’s pretty unpopular.

Thankfully JT seem to have vastly upped their game with more recent releases (with the final release, Cornish Mainline, being excellent), but on the whole Western Mainlines epitomises the very dark period their output went through.

FWIW I honestly don’t think you can compare it to TSW, and how popular an extension to Bristol, or my preference the Dicot - Oxford & Cotswold Line extension would prove.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

There’s no comparison with TSW and if they can up their game after seeing FSX levels of commitment for 2020 then we all should be pleased because its about ******** time

• Like Like x 1
  17. MADxHAWK

MADxHAWK Member

Ok it might be a playable demo but not more.
    What you get are 4,5,6 scenarios only using half or 2/3 of the route while they are nearly identical to the timetable scenarios.
    - Timetable scenarios are 20+ scenarios basically all the same only the time and maybe the wether chaged.
    - On the default english route you can drive a german DB-Schenker Class 66 while you cant drive it on any german route.
    - DLCs mostly come with reused rolling stock.
    - Signaling dont work properly as discribed in my previous post.

Well in that case i should sue them for false advertising, which is at least in germany considered as a crime, i bought TSW only because they announced the release of an editor soon.
    Now 1 year later still no Editor in sight neither you get any informations about it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ARuscoe

Because timetable is "the normal train operation" and scenarios are "abnormal train operations". This is different to TSx where everything is called a scenario.

19. ARuscoe

They have said it's in development but none of the literature says that there is an editor which would make it false advertising. The most they've said is it's in beta testing with select providers, which also doesn't mean anything much

20. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

Good days

I am a route designer on TS and although I like to create , I don’t expect a editor on TSW.
    What I expect from TSW is to be able to simply play without a header, without wanting at all costs to "work" on it as I did for 10 years on TS.
    For me TSW is perfect , it does the job very well , it only serves me to relax and if I want to create routes then I switch to TS.

Today you have both , you have the choice to play on TS or TSW , why always complain.
    You want an editor on TSW, but how many of you will know how to use it?
    For the length of the roads on TSW , I don’t think like you , I think we should look more in terms of playing time and not in length of routes.

Now it’s true that an easy-to-handle scenario editor would be a plus for game duration on the current lines.
    Patience has its limits, but as far as I’m concerned, I’m more than happy with TSW, it brings me what I was looking for on TS:
    Pleasure and nothing but pleasure.

For work I return to TS.

I wish you all a very good day waiting tonight for the new DLC on TSW

Zawal

• Like Like x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.