Has Version 1.25 Update Made Things Worse?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stujoy, Oct 10, 2019.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

After the update yesterday (09/10/2019) to version 1.25 on PS4, the frame rates and general hangs seem to have got worse. Also a few buggy things happened that are new to me*. Could it be coincidence or something to do with the update?

*I was busy driving an NTP session when a trophy for LIRR popped up on the screen.
    Long delays before door controls appear when pressing the button on the controller - on all routes I've played last night and today - not every time I use the doors, but often enough to notice. The same thing with camera controls.
    I got my first blue screen of death - on NTP's Red Bank Rotation - the last loco service I needed to complete in Journey mode - it was in the Class 47, which doesn't work properly anyway (somebody please fix that loco!!!!!!!!!!!), but I've never had the game crash before.
    And the frame rates appear to slow up more often.

Anyone else had similar issues since the update?

• Like Like x 1
  2. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

The only noticeable improvement? The DTG rotating logo doesn't get stuck anymore :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

And you can skip it lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

I'd love to know what the GPU improvements are in the Manchester area?
    It still crashes 9 out of 10 times, but it's only been a known issue since June so I'm sure a fix is on the list..

• Like Like x 1
  5. k4rlovc4n

k4rlovc4n Active Member

The whole game is full of bugs, everywhere, since the last update! :mad:

6. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

Personally I would be perfectly happy with no new DLC for a few months, rather DTG really focus on the various bugs, glitches and trophy issues that plague the game. I think the customer base will be perfectly understanding, and arguably in the long run this will encourage players to stick with the game rather than get frustrated (I, for one, have almost quit playing after ploughing hours into a task only to not be rewarded for it)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

I'm intrigued by this as I have never had any problem with the DTG rotating logo. It has always worked perfectly on my PS4. Also, I have always been able to skip it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Exactly how I feel. The problem is they'll need the income from new DLC to pay the bills, so that will always be a priority. I'd be more likely to buy more DLC if the core game worked better though, so in the long run, it may be better if they did what you suggest soon. I'm becoming more frustrated with the game on some levels.

I think older routes could become more buggy over time, due to changes to the core game to allow for new features. To ensure every route still works well after each update is going to be a difficult task for the developers. They need a dedicated team looking after that aspect of it.

Time will tell, if we as customers stick around to find out. I do hope it improves, as it is a great concept for a game and I do love playing it, and us console users are vital to its success.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I've stopped playing it if I'm honest. Tired of the bugs and DTG's apparent indifference to them.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

Same here Jez.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I don't take any pleasure in writing that either. The potential of the game is immense but it's clear to me that DTG's focus is form and not function and their PR is shocking. My perception is that they prefer to lock threads that are started by customers that have genuine issues rather than deal with those issues. They want us all to shut-up, stop moaning and keep paying for poor quality. And rather bizarrely, it seems that many here are prepared to do just that. The "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" business model in action.

• Like Like x 4