Mta M8 Enhancement Pack/upgrade.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nyseu85, Oct 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nyseu85

Nyseu85 Member

We all know those little 2-car EMU’s running to and from Grand Central on Metro North’s New Haven line.
    The trains are overall good but how about adding one of the missing features of it… a single car, powered, no cab unit.
    What do You think about addition of this one?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

That would be nice. I would prefer an M2 and M3 (in the same add-on, hopefully), but this is a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nyseu85

Nyseu85 Member

Yes, MTA Enhancement pack with more coaches, livery variations for locomotives and more DMU/EMUs!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Random Railfan

Yeah. The older Shoreliners without center doors would be great. Like you said, instead of making everything separate, they could just make a Metro-North enhancement pack. Just so you know, we don't have DMUs. On the non-electrified branch lines we have BL20GH locomotives with a few Shoreliners and for branch line trains continuing down to Grand Central we have P32AC-DMs with more coaches.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nyseu85

Nyseu85 Member

Reassuming:
    FL9 with MTA other liveries
    P32AC-DM with New Haven livery and old blue stripe livery
    Old and new shoreliners both blue and red
    M1, 2, 3, 4, 6 railcars
    ACMU railcars
    SPV2000 DMU’s.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Random Railfan

Oh yeah I totally forgot about the SPV2000. When I said there weren't DMU's I was wrong. They haven't been in service for like 20 years so that's probably why I forgot about them. Hopefully all that will be in one pack. I'm afraid they would be of low quality if they were, however, so instead some could be separate DLCs. Maybe the FL9 and P32AC-DM in new liveries, and the older Shoreliners could be in the MTA enhancement pack. I don't think a few modelling changes and reskins could be sold for $20 so I think it would be better at like $10 or $8. The M1, 2, 3, 4, and 6 could be their own DLC. I don't think DTG would make all of those in a single pack, however, so it would probably be the M3, M2, and M4. The M3 has been around for a while so it could be represented in different time periods, the M2s are the longest standing "Cosmopolitans," so the different time periods applies to them too, and the M4s have a unique three-car formation. The ACMU could probably be its own DLC as well. I'm not sure why, but I imagine it being in the pro range. Don't ask why, but I do. The SPV2000 could also be its own DLC. There isn't enough knowledge about the SPV2000 (probably because of its short service life), so it couldn't be pro range and would have a ton of errors. Honestly knowing DTG they would just use the engine sounds from a Pacer in the UK and the running sounds from the Amfleet coaches.

Ok so apologies for writing an essay in the forums, you don't have to read all of this.

7. mrjamaica97

mrjamaica97 New Member

One thing I would suggest that they do in addition to adding the S car is updating the train so the measurements would be correct. The in game unit is 82ft when it's suppose to 85ft. I contacted them numerous times about it but they keep giving me vague responces like the DLC is too old or then can't talk about future updates.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

Yeah, it definitely needs to be made to the correct size, for sure.

9. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

NEC content is always appreciated.

10. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I agree, it would definitely be great to see the Shoreliner I, II and IV in both executive and CDOT paint schemes, M3A, BL20GH, GP35R with proper physics and sounds.

11. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

LoL I was making a GP35R repaint, but haven't done much lately.