Hst Cab & Lights Graphics Quality (v5.0)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dunkrez, Oct 17, 2019.

1. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

Hi, just a heads up, over on alanthomsonsim there is a HST cab quality improvement patch, which fixes the ridiculous quality of the kuju cab models.

Hope this is of use to someone :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I think the AP Enhancement Packs do that as well along with adding new features the default Kuju model do not have

Peter

3. dunkrez

They don't fix the cab interiors, sadly.

4. dunkrez

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Ah, I see you are plugging your own stuff

6. dunkrez

May as well make a positive difference wherever possible.

7. dunkrez

Just a friendly reminder that there is a HST Cab Enhancement pack available to download over at Alan Thomson Sim. Below is a video featuring the classic version of the cab:

It's a one-off freebie, to welcome 3rd party developer Gold Star Trains to the world of Train Simulator 2020.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Would not some comparison of before and after be better than just a cab ride?
    It would give people an idea of how much different the pack is

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. dunkrez

Not a bad shout, I'll do one for each cab.

10. dunkrez

As promised:

And featured by Alan Thomson, very many thanks to him for putting the pack on show:

Hope this helps :) Enjoy!

11. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Ive had it for a few months now, does help a seriously senior model. Never knew whom made it tho. Well done

• Like Like x 1
  12. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Is it available anywhere where I DON'T have to put my personal info and payment details in? Seems really odd having to go through a checkout process for something that is free.

Scratch that, I didn't realise I wasn't logged in and mistook the required fields as wanting payment details.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. dunkrez

Yep, it really is a one off freebie.

The HST deserved nice rivets and screws. I'll be following this up with more comprehensive packs available for download and payable via PayPal.

Anyways, thanks for checking it out and I hope it goes some way to sorting out the 125 for you :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. dunkrez

Just a quick thank you to everyone who has downloaded the HST cab enhancement pack; over the Easter weekend it passed the 750 downloads mark, which is a fantastic milestone.

Thank you to each and every one of you who has taken the time to check it out!

More to follow soon, watch this space.

15. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

do you need the AP HST enhancement pack before you can use the AT freebie???

thanks

Eric

16. dunkrez

It is built to be used in conjunction with the AP HST packs, though, if you know what you are doing with extracting .ap zip files, it may work without them. I can't be certain as I didn't built it with that in mind.

Though it's hosted at AT, it's a Gold Star Trains release, I agreed with Alan that the first pack would be distributed digitally from his platform. Further packs will be more comprehensive and won't have AP enhancement packs as a prerequisite.

Feedback has been really positive about the pack, and it's awesome that Alan uses it for his HST's :)

17. dunkrez

Just a quick update; The HST cab enhancement pack has just passed 850 downloads - absolutely staggering :)

A special thanks is in order to everyone who has taken the time to check it out, it's hugely appreciated, so thank you.

18. johnmi_ckel

johnmi_ckel New Member

I can't really see much difference in either visual fidelity or performance with the display settings, tbh. I usually keep them at very high as going down in quality seems to gain little, if any, boost to performance.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

19. dunkrez

The HST Cab Enhancement Pack fixes texture definition quality for 1080p to 4k screen resolutions. Hope this helps.

20. dunkrez

HST Cab & Lights Enhancement Pack v5.0 is now available. This pack update sorts out the octagonal HST lights as well as the cab interiors, please see video:

Happy HST driving!

21. dunkrez

22. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Does it apply to just some HSTs or All?

23. dunkrez

7 liveries are updated currently, I'll do the rest shortly... any particular model that you would like sorting first Peter? I'll put that to the top of the list.

24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I had a look on ATS and you seem to have covered those I would be using so I downloaded a copy.
    Thanks

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  25. dunkrez

That's brilliant, thanks Peter :)

Next up will be the modern HST cab, had to fix the lights on the GWR 43 first in preparation, as they had been bugging me for a long time.

26. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

43063bruton240707.jpg This is great hope you have success with the mtu cab interior. One thing I think can certainly help the look of valentas and some mtus. Would be a heavily weathered version. BR blue, exec and swallow had powercars regular show up with a dirty roof from the exhaust. The white along the sides would be off white with dirt in places. Also a yellow horn grill on some ic swallow models? On the MTUs, the xc and GWR green ones get particulaly dirty on the yellow sections up and down the front of cab. 3508.jpg Valentas, MTUs XC FGW whilst they are cleaned regular the dirt even on a relatively clean loco gets in all the rivets and ends of panels. Unless a loco straight out of paint shop the roof is always covered in exhaust. fHf1VEil4nrFza1M5BwKSKzN-43304-xc-12-25-plymouth-glasgow-1580074754.jpg DSC_8248c.jpg GWR HST in TSxx seems a bit off in the green tone, I think the green needs more blue in it and possibly a touch darker.
    One more thing that Im not aware anyone else has mentioned, the Valenta lights arent halogen. Whilst the AP pack does have them less predominant. In reality they are still a more subtle barely noticeable warm yellow glow. (see FGW HST top pic) Dont know if this can be sorted.
    Thanks again.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  27. dunkrez

Hoping to have this ready this week, don't hold me to that though...

:)

28. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Awesome mate.

• Like Like x 1
  29. hightower

hightower Guest

;);)
    I assume that requires the new DTG HST? Looks like you’re going to make me buy it earlier than I intended ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  30. dunkrez

I'm not far off now - just a few more of the cab controls to link up, provided that goes okay I'll throw it out into the wild for preliminary feedback before it gets released properly. It's been a vertical climb of a challenge, but that's how I like it.

I feel this is an important community addition - DTG don't lose out because to use the new cab, you have to buy their new model. Armstrong Powerhouse don't lose out because their HST enhancement packs maintain their relevance (excellent sounds, physics, liveries, etc) and most importantly, the end user doesn't lose out because their investment in the AP packs isn't for nowt and they get a spanking new cab for their MTU's.

• Like Like x 1
  31. dunkrez

A quick update, the prototype is about complete, just sound and lights to sort.

Happy to be driving it :)

• Like Like x 1
  32. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

Looks great, maybe one day I'll get the AP stuff so that I can use this, first AP thing I'm likely to buy though if I'm honest is the Class 66 enhancement because that's the loco that really floats my boat. I do like the HST though so it's definitely on the list.

• Like Like x 1
  33. SJA

SJA Active Member

Nice work dunkrez. There's life in this sim yet -- looking forward to it :)

• Like Like x 1
  34. hightower

hightower Guest

Given the number of lights upgrades already out there, would you consider releasing the cab & sounds as a separate standalone download?

There’s a bit of danger everyone is going to end up with a bit of a dogs dinner with different ‘upgrade’ packs interacting horribly with each other.

This looks great either way. Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

35. dunkrez

Sorry Hightower, I meant the actual controls from the cab to the lights on the model. I don't intend touching the model itself, it's more a patch fusing the excellent work of others. Saved me a job making an MTU cab, although there are other cab variations that could be explored.

I'm back on with this tomorrow so I'll update again soon.

• Like Like x 2
  36. hightower

hightower Guest

Do I need to buy the LNER HST yet? ;)

37. dunkrez

I'd recommend it just for the model itself; as for the MTU Cab patch, it'll be done cooking eventually :)

• Like Like x 1
  38. hightower

hightower Guest

A
    As it’s not in the sale I’ll wait until you’ve finished the patch, it’s all I really want it for. No rush! :)

• Like Like x 1
  39. dunkrez

Haha, it's functional for the most part but not fit for general consumption, until I figure the last loose ends out.

This is the first time I've fused together seperate components and aside from the insane abstract challenge of figuring out how to hook everything up, it's been surprisingly straightforward.

While this is a short term fix, it would be nice to see all the old AP enhancement packs redone with the new HST model.

I also foresee numerous livery packs, general enhancement packs and aliasing of the original AP HST sound packs by the community at large, perhaps rendering the need for additional AP packs unrequired - though if any were produced, I'd certainly be interested in checking them out. I'm a sucker for any loco if it's done to a very high standard.

Kudos to DTG for giving the community this model to play with.

• Like Like x 1
  40. hightower

hightower Guest

Really looking forward to it. I believe there’s already an AP sound patch available for the model...

• Like Like x 1
  41. dunkrez

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

• Like Like x 1
  42. dunkrez

Just a friendly reminder, the HST cab & lights update pack (v5.0) is available at Alan Thomson Sim and is free for all to download.

It passed over 1100 downloads a little while ago, which is quite remarkable. Thank you to everybody that took time to check it out!

The MTU/AP patch is also still in the works, however, due to having to re-organise my workload, there are a couple of projects that require my attention first. All train related, no need to worry :)

43. hightower

hightower Guest

I’m waiting patiently for it :)

• Like Like x 1
  44. dunkrez

45. ntypeman

Is that a Plasser & Theurer tamping machine I see...???

Eric

• Like Like x 1
  46. dunkrez

About time TS had a tamping machine in it :)

47. ntypeman

Are you making / developing it??? Is it fully functioning and will you be able to fix DTG"s track faults with it??? (Sorry... couldn't resist the pun there...)

Eric

• Like Like x 1
  48. dunkrez

Yes, after the great performance of the HST cab pack (1155 downloads to date) and really positive feedback I'm onto further development. There is a huge sub-set of rail vehicles missing from Train Simulator and it's my intention to provide as many as I can. These will be sold as Gold Star Trains releases, and development updates will be viewable from RailPunk on YouTube. Be sure to subscribe so you don't miss any updates or forthcoming releases.

[​IMG]
    An 09-32 CSM Duomatic Pictured Above

The Tamping Locomotive, will be a BR era machine. It is based on DR73101 and DR73105. In terms of development progress, it's receiving its fine detailing and paint-work at the body shop right now. I'm not sure how much functionality I'll be able to give the locomotive at this point, but I am striving for the limit of what can be done within the Train Simulator engine and beyond. Yesterday saw DR73101 on the rails for the first time running from Portsmouth to London Waterloo on a test train operation, which was an awesome experience!

There's also the Train Simulator @ 4k thread I started a while back which is approaching the 10k views mark, just something I felt the community might benefit from, especially given my customer journey from TSW to TS. TS, out of the box, needs a lot of fine tuning and enhancements to get the most out of the experience, and the guidance to achieve that just wasn't easy to find.

Anyways, back to the coal face :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  49. dunkrez

On its way to get a paint job:

• Like Like x 1
  50. Reef

Reef Well-Known Member

dunkrez I'd have thought you'd have been better off making the tamping loco a separate thread, you're kinda taking your own HST mod thread off topic, it's looking good btw and coming along nicely it would seem.