Euro Fishing Update?

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by durden83, Apr 26, 2017.

1. durden83

durden83 New Member

I heard in the next update the "OnLandSnap" will be fixed? Does anyone have more information about new feaures? is there a release date?

Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ilikefish

Ilikefish Member

This update needs to come soon, fish going on land is starting to put me off!

3. nuter41

nuter41 Member

Yep I know people who are not playing the game any more till the update comes

• Like Like x 1
  4. durden83

durden83 New Member

yeah this OnLandSnap pisses me off. cant cach +40kg in that spanish lake. Thats the worstbut not the only issue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DTG Darren N

DTG Darren N Active Member

The first update will fix the fish getting onto land and will be the main focus of the update. Soon after that, we will have our new venue ready and then we will carry on releasing updates and add ons

6. Tel

Tel New Member

Hi Darren do u have any info on when an update is likely. Thanks

7. MikeSynyster

MikeSynyster New Member

I hope you get this sorted, I'm on Spain right now & just been land snapped by a Catfish with a white tail that seemed to be vertical forever.

8. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Play on St johns if you want cats for now.

9. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Hi all, we do not currently have a release date for the update but we assure that this issue is of high priority to us and will be addressed in the update that we are working on. At this time we ask for your patience and we will bring you news when we can.

10. iSpruyzie

iSpruyzie New Member

That would be Megladon I had him off land for a very long while but he keeps on pulling line,
    I just dont have Cheetah and Megladon yet , rest I caught.
    I wish you best luck on catching those catfish!

11. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Its going to be months , the patch lol. Maybe they should of delayed the release a few months.

12. DeKaleH

DeKaleH New Member

Seriously, where the F is that update???? One month later and still no update for fishes going through land?????

13. Keegan Otto

Keegan Otto New Member

14. Rustystork

Rustystork Member

I Think the Game is dead

• Like Like x 1
  15. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Where is the patch? Maybe instead of trying to do all there consoles at once you should give us the fix xbox had months ago.

16. ian

ian Member

soon in dovetails time is maybe this year maybe next year maybe never

17. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Its getting a joke now. Whats makes it worse is all these bug have been on xbox and have been patched. Should of all been fixed before launch

It was only released on PS4 to fund there next train shite.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hendore

Hendore New Member

That or the rebranded FS2004. DTG this is an absolute joke, I'm a software engineer if I released a buggy piece of s.h.i.t project I would either be fired or have the CTO breathing down my neck every second the project is live until that s.h.i.t's fixed. Take Friday 13th by Gun Media as an example, team size of just 5 employees, game launched with several major issues/bugs yet it was patched within a week then a FREE DLC released just a couple weeks later as an apology, that's a company who cares about their brand and making their customers happy.

We paid the full price on launch for this then a couple weeks later you slash prices in sales, we've been playing a version plagued with issues or lacking any real depth or strategy, when you finally release the DLC we will be paying for most likely another broken venue that has been in development more than 10 months (https://twitter.com/DovetailFishing/status/775633290376146944) at that rate a simple waggler tackle pack DLC will take 4-5 months to launch.

Frustrated by automated like responses, get organised be more transparent. The majority are fed up of waiting, how difficult is it to step through in a debugger and trace this issue down, are you even working on it? It's such a shame Euro Fishing has potential to be a game that would dominate this genre.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  19. MrCrabtree

MrCrabtree Member

Pity they can't hand it over to a company that can fix it, they obviously havn't found a fix for the bugs. Keep telling us 'we're only a small team' means no one there can fix the problems. It had such great potential to be the best fishing game but the time it's taking to fix even the fish on land bug doesn't bode well. Shame though.

20. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Shocking sony let them release it like this. It really is a joke when these are old bugs.

No one cares if they're having problems patching the game.... When I brought it I thought we are getting the newest version PC/xbox not some old shity broken version.

21. bI4ckp4nth3r_187

bI4ckp4nth3r_187 New Member

The dlc should be free to make up for all the bugs we've endured since release. They should've been fixed within a week not 3 months!

22. Dingo_19

Dingo_19 New Member

I don't know about you guys but I love gaming and no matter what game you buy or what company makes it there are always bugs and glitches on release. Take fifa for example iv played fifa every year since its been release on ps1.. now it has ultimate team where they are putting over a million pounds prize money for winners of tournaments throughout the year.. the game is full of bugs,glitches and broken game mechanics on release which they are aware of as the have a patch released to 'fix' them within a month and that's coming from one of the biggest gaming companies out there.

I can see this game only getting better. Once they get the fish on land bug out the way which will be soon hopefully this game will be great

I hope eventually we can create our own lakes I think that would be cool.

I'm new so I don't know if bugs have been fixed yet so if they have then I apologise for going on about them

23. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Fifa never releases with game breaking bugs though, only minor glitches that don't stop the game from working as intended at launch, this game was released with numerous bugs including major game breaking bugs on launch for the PC and Xbox.. And then to make things even worse.. The ps4 version released with all the same bugs that were supposedly fixed on the PC and Xbox versions. It is about time that people realise that this dev team are not capable of fixing the game and getting it to a state that players want it to be at.. Its been 3 months and the ps4 version still is not fixed and won't be for the forseable future.. 10 months development for a new lake that still isn't finished.. No new fish species.. No new tackle.. Nothing. The game is on it's last legs. I wouldn't be surprised if they called it quits and started advertising for a euro fishing 2 in the near future.

24. Dingo_19

Dingo_19 New Member

Fifa was released with minor bugs yes.. they fixed them but in doing so created a game breaking bug/glitch.. fifa has a 12 month cycle so bugs will be fixed for the next version.. I don't know much about this game but to me this doesn't have a 12 month cycle this could have a 3/4 year cycle in which bugs can be fixed fully rather than partially
    Only time will tell I hope they add a lot more new stuff into the game to keep it going not all at once but something new every other month or every 3 months something like that

25. titan28

titan28 Active Member

There has never been a game breaking bug/glitch in Fifa.. I think you may be confusing the term with the annoyances of the fifa engine, yes sometimes it gets frustrating, but you can still play the game that was intended to be played, a game breaking bug is when a core part of the game doesnt work properly and stops you from playing the game in the intended way, i.e. fish with legs.. this is a game breaking bug. This game wont have a 3/4 year cycle.. its on its last legs now, and at the rate they fix things/bring out dlc.. this game wont last another 6 months I reckon.

26. Dingo_19

Dingo_19 New Member

There was.. offside trap off the d-pad would have your defenders run forward then freeze thus making the game unplayable as your unable to control your defenders.. Iv never heard of this game before I hope it gets the fixes it needs. I played it for about 7 hours straight last night

27. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Thats not a game breaking bug fella.. its not a core part of the game, its an option that you can choose to use or not.. plus your defenders didnt freeze completely, they were just slow at deciding what to do next, this is a game glitch in the decision making engine, not a game breaking bug, it never stopped you from playing the game, you could still do what was intended when the game launched.. you cannot choose to not catch fish in a fishing game, you hook the fish, it grows legs, you are unable to catch said fish, thus breaking the way the core game mechanics intend to work.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  28. Dingo_19

Dingo_19 New Member

When playing weekend league and player positioning is messed up off kick off due to a little bug and the only counter is to activate the offside trap it's a game breaking bug
    What I was saying is games always have bugs upon release.
    This game from what I can see is behind pc and xbox its the same as mincraft when that was released on ps let's just hope they get it fixed as quick as they can.
    Iv played this game for around 8 hours altogether now n I haven't had a fish come onto land.. no doubt it will happen at some point now I said that

29. titan28

titan28 Active Member

you dont have to activate offside trap.. the players dont freeze completely, they stutter because of the decision making engine, it does not break the game. No matter what you say, it is not a game breaking bug.. its a glitch, and one that can be avoided by the user by choosing not to apply that mechanic, plus Fifa uses momentum and scripting to give the other user a boost after they have conceded a goal, it might not even be a glitch, it may be how they intended it to work, in this game the user has no control over the fish growing legs, therefore it cannot be avoided, it is a game breaking bug which you have no control over.

30. Dingo_19

Dingo_19 New Member

No proof of momentum or scripting and it was a game breaking glitch that happened on both xbox and pc to which ea quickly patched if it wasn't game breaking they would have left it.. my point is every game has bugs and glitches some worse than others iv manged to play the game for a long period of time without issue at the moment sure when it happens it'll be frustrating but ill still play it. I paid £9 for this game I'm not expecting a perfect game with no flaws when I spend £50-80 on games that I know have issues from minute 1 of playing them

31. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Proof was found from the data mining of the game files ages ago.. and my point is, this game breaking bug you mention is fully avoidable by the user.. therefore its not game breaking because you can choose not to use that mechanic, this games game breaking bug isnt avoidable by the user.

Yes, regardless of the company putting out the game, many have bugs which are patched quickly, this game I must add, Released on PC.. game breaking bugs, Released later on XB1.. same game breaking bugs.. Released later again on PS4.. again the same game breaking bugs.. The dev team are either lazy and just port over old versions of the game engine, or.. are incompetent.. either way they are a joke. This game has been broken since day 1 on every launch platform, and still is broken on every launch platform, certain aspects of the game are still not utilized (spod rod), the live tournaments are rife with cheating (the dev team dont care about this it seems), a dlc lake has taken 10 months so far and is still being developed, there has been no mention of any new fish species, or tackle, or any thing to do with character creation updating, float fishing is basic at best.. pre determined depth with no way to change that depth is just lazy programming, bait choice isnt a great factor, any fish will take any bait, same for hook size, it is a game that is in a complete mess and the only option to fix it is to completely overhaul the game engine, which they wont do cause.. woah.. too much like hard work.

• Like Like x 1
  32. Dingo_19

Dingo_19 New Member

Iv never seen or read any proof of scripting or momentum in fifa. Youtubers haven been crying out for this type of stuff so they can put it out there and get ea to do something about it

To be honest i didn't know how long this game had been out, iv never heard of the company nor of the game it seems to be a thing where games coming from pc to console have the same problems

Same with minecraft and I'm going to say the same will happen when player unknown battlegrounds comes out for xbox they'll have the same bugs at launch as the pc version did on its launch

I hope the Dev team is working on the updates they advertise and new content and bug fixes come out soon

33. titan28

titan28 Active Member

It was found months ago, there is a massive reddit thread about it where the files are shown.. game sites have covered it aswell. Youtubers dont want it, they might say they do, but why would they want to go against ea when they give them free stuff constantly (yes it happens). This game has been out for over a year on xbox 1.. even longer on pc.. ps4 launched april. Battlegrounds wont have the same bugs.. they have been constantly updating their engine, the build that is the most recent on the pc before xb1 launch will be the one they use for the xb1 launch.. this game has used the exact same build (oldest not most recent) for every launch, otherwise the bugs would not have appeared on the newer launches (lazy, get it out as fast as we can cash grab). You can also get an insight into their business behavior by looking at the many many sales the game has been in, at least 4 on xb1 alone, they just want to get as much cash as they can, even knowing what state their game is in. It is shameful.

34. Dingo_19

Dingo_19 New Member

If that is the case for this game then yeah it is a shame because it's a good game.. it's the only game iv played without losing my LOVE at.. even crash bandicoot and minecraft make me rage (think I have anger issues when it comes to games)

35. bI4ckp4nth3r_187

bI4ckp4nth3r_187 New Member

The game has been out since November 2nd 2015 on PC and April 11th 2017 on ps4. That's 21 months and 3 months respectively.

Call of duty and battlefield or any other game for that matter would've sorted tge bugs out within a week and would've released 3 dlcs by this point, much larger than a single lake too.

I totally understand you're a small studio but that's no excuse, you've got a big fanbase and a great idea for a game, and it's my favourite game on ps4 right now.

But you need to pull your fingers out! You should've fixed the bugs and released 3 new lakes by now on PC and ported to ps4.

Fix and add the following;
    • New lakes
    • New species
    • Fix fish swimming on land
    • Fix bait - a 1lb Roach would not go for a 18mm+ bait on a size 6+ hook.
    • Fix float fishing - depth, more floats etc.
    • Fix tournaments - if you quit you're out, don't let people change time of day etc. A tournament should be played on a level ground.
    • Underarm cast - player moves arms left or right pulling cast back in 20% of the time.
    • New tackle - poles, feeders etc
    • Fix Spod
    • Fix UI above rods on bank to properly show distance etc.
    Can we please have a timeframe or week by week updates on what you're implementing, how far and how long it will take please?

Were all annoyed at the generic 'coming soon' or 'were working on it'. We are the players, we put the money into your development, we deserve to have complete answers.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  36. Dingo_19

Dingo_19 New Member

I only thought there was 3 type of carp in the game when there's 4 I only found this out by looking at the boss fish section yet when you look at species there's only 3 simple things like that should be fixed by now
    Even by adding in movement of the fisherman when playing a fish so he can walk to the right, left and back
    Have the guy or girl sit down or go in the tent would be a nice little touch

37. titan28

titan28 Active Member

I dont want to ruin the game for you Dingo, but the more you play the more you notice, if you enjoy it, good. I hope you can keep enjoying it, but it will come to a point where you sit there and say to yourself, yup, this game is a mess.

38. Dingo_19

Dingo_19 New Member

I'm like that with every game I play. I love to moan about games but I still over to play them. Iv been moaning and raging at fifa 17 for 10 months until Friday night where I deleted the stupid thing now iv got this and atm I'm liking it

• Like Like x 2
  39. Master110

Master110 Active Member

well I am not playing this untill there is a patch. If no patch comes before AUG its refund time. And that is the end. They have taken our money if the team is too small get more workers.

40. Dingo_19

Dingo_19 New Member

I'm playing now and I had the fish on land bug but after some working it got back into water and it got landed may be because it was only a bream but it didn't break the line

41. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Yeah you can do that but why should you. The land is a sold object. All they have to do is sort out the fish AI path for each fish on each lake.

42. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Or just create a boundary limit around the waters edge that fish cant cross unless the catch option is activated. Saves changing the ai path of each fish on each lake.. No other fishing game I have ever played on any type of computer has had problems with fish going on to land.. It boggles my mind that they even had a problem with this in the first place...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  43. Master110

Master110 Active Member

Because this game is just to fund there train crap

44. Hendore

Hendore New Member

From experience I'm pretty sure they will already have a volume around the venue, probably using UE's Nav Mesh https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/AI/BehaviorTrees/QuickStart/2/ It's obviously not setup correctly on certain venues which is causing fishes run/fight state movement component to enter areas it shouldn't. I've heard the bug has finally been fixed on Playstation and is currently going through testing/certification, expect to hear good news in a few days.

45. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Its all venues.. So either yes its setup wrong or there isnt one to start with.. And I would not hold out hope for that good news ps4 people.. They said they fixed it on Xbox and we still have fish going on land, its just now the line doesn't break.. That to me isn't fixing it.. The bug is still present, they've just put a band aid on it.

46. Master110

Master110 Active Member

I know that is all they did on PC to fix it. To fix the AI path of each fish would take them month and month and month.

47. ian

ian Member

heard the fish will fly when the patch comes out as long as they dont get to near to the sun and it melts your line just wind down on them

48. lakey206

lakey206 New Member

Just to insult us ps4 users a bit more they have released a patch for pc and xbox1 today and made the new venue available. I think it's disgusting that they seem to not be worried about the ps4 users otherwise they would've waited and released the patch before any updates for other platforms

49. titan28

titan28 Active Member

I wouldnt worry about the new lake.. they've priced it at 8.99, more than half the price of the game itself, for nothing more than a change of scenery, no new fish or tackle.

50. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The update is currently in Sony's hands awaiting certification, as soon as we are given the go ahead on their end to release we shall do so. Apologies for the delay.

• Like Like x 1