Lighting Effects During Night For Tees Valley Line Is Not Available

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TRAINFAN, Oct 22, 2019.

1. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

It was very disappointing to see Lighting effects during night for Tees Valley Line is not the same what it shows in route signature photo or in route advertisements.Am I doing anything wrong or it is the same for everyone...

In the opposite I found not a single light glowing...

2. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I don’t own TVL but I’m guessing the images used when advertising it were done on pc and enhanced to look better.

3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Which particular picture do you mean?

4. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

The picture we can see in behind class 37 in the TVL route picture. The glowing lights of the steel plant behind the loco. I never see them while playing the route.

5. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

these lights !!!

Attached Files:

6. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Yep, that image has been doctored with for promotional reasons. I'm not a big fan of that practice either.

7. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

This is absolutely an unacceptable practice to attract your customers by publishing the morphed picture.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Do you really expect truth in advertising?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Did you really think that picture was real, or at least taken in game? As stated above, truth in advertising is about as common as a cheetah living in Canada.

10. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

This is called Key Art (https://zevendesign.com/key-art-creating-lasting-impression/), and it's standard practice for every game in the industry ever created. If you think it's unacceptable, then the image below should cause you a great upset because that's not how Gordon Freeman looks in game:

Gordon-Freeman-on-Half-Life-1-box-cover-gordon-freeman-25689139-500-645.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. zane88

zane88 Active Member

I get Goosebumps whenever i see that man and that's something i don't say very often lol:D

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Not just advertising... Make up, "enhancing clothing", phone voice, spell checker... All designed to make things look better or more enticing than they are in real life.
    If it wasn't for such things not only advertising would be much less impactful, but life in general would be fairly boring

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Since this practice is clearly identified in DTG's ad images, what's all the fuss about? Ah, yes, the fussers must be folks who do not bother to read the fine print. Please just get over it.

15. TRAINFAN

TRAINFAN Member

Its true that in most of the video games we download the same thing over and over again.But DTG had done the right thing to give its customers a new experience in TVL a complete industry like feeling a quite difference from all the customary public transports.
    But the real mistake I think had done by the route modeller who didn't make the night version of the chimneys and all other factory stuffs that would have provide real feeling of the entire locations.
    It was possible , take the example of peninsula corridor, if you travel in san fransisco during night, you will get the distant lightings of the high rise buildings that looks so real ...which is missing in TVL.
    So, if the modeller have done the right thing, DTG wouldn't had to cheat with its customers........

16. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG have already said that they did the background scenery in PenCor completely differently to the older routes (part of their progressive learning of the system and engine), so expect future routes to have similar levels of scenery to PenCor, but they may not be able to go back and retrospectively apply that to other routes.
    Added to this the chimneys may be a 3D object render rather than a background object so doing atmospheric lighting may be harder to achieve realistically.

In other words, should get better in future, might not be so easy for what we got already

• Helpful Helpful x 1