Ts20: Surselva Line – Out Now!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Oct 24, 2019.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Take in the incredible valley scenery of Rivet Games’ Surselva Line, which is available now for Train Simulator!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 3
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Will be purchasing this later on today when I get home from work

• Like Like x 1
  3. KolejPrzemek

KolejPrzemek New Member

When will you be able to buy a separate line without RhB Enhancement Pack 02? I don't see myself buying the same a second time.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  4. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

5. KolejPrzemek

KolejPrzemek New Member

I am stupid. I forgot to log in to Steam. I haven't seen it but I'll see if it works

6. Re460

Re460 New Member

I think the Surselva Line is a beautiful line and it lives up to my expectations. Alan and the entire Rivet Games team have perfectly rendered the landscapes of the Swiss Canyon and this valley that climbs towards Disentis. Comparison is not always right but I can not help but compare the Surselva with Keith Moss's Western Line of Scotland: both have boosted and boost, speaking of the Grisons, the economy of the region served both at the social and industrial levels without forgetting the tourism level. It is something that speaks to me and speaks to all Swiss lovers of their regional trains: and I hope it will please and talk to other lovers of trains in their regions. Many thanks to Alan, Colin and all the Rivet Games team.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ColinM_Rivet

ColinM_Rivet Member

Many thanks - I sent your kind note round the entire team this morning and they were delighted to hear your comments; many thanks for taking the time to say!

8. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

I have streamed the Surselva route right after I purchased it. And then I showed my viewers what the Surselva route can offer in comparison to the previous RhB routes released ( Albula and Bernina lines ).

While in the Albula and Bernina lines you get a very mountainous landscape and tight curves and also many tunnels to cross through, this also means to travel most of the route at lower speeds. Traveling at lower speeds with narrow gauge trains is something that I believe to be easy to imagine. However, the Surselva offers not only a nice landscape overall but also a lesser mountainous area where you get to drive the trains to speeds up to 90 km/h! I personally find it really interesting to take such interesting narrow gauge trains traveling at higher speeds that one could barely reach on the previous RhB routes. There's of course one or another exception like on the Albula line, but I guess you get what I mean.

However, possibly the only lowest aspect I find to the Surselva route is indeed the fact that you cannot end your journey at Chur. Hopefully this will be something done in the future... maybe a Chur to Thusis extension to the current Albula line, with possibility to connect both Surselva and Arosa routes via a steam workshop route? There are many possibilities out there although I am sure Rivet Game's team is well aware of it. :)

I also saw on one of their recent dev videos that they're working on a new coach stock pack of RhB. That's also something looking forward into having on the Surselva route. :)