Riviera Line: Exeter To Paignton And Plymouth

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GEO512, Oct 25, 2019.

1. GEO512

GEO512 New Member

I would like to see this line because it has a variety of locations and a good range of options for trains to drive. I would be alright with it going to Paignton only, but Plymouth would allow more intercity trains to be timetabled, and would make up for a good quality 40-45ish mile route between Plymouth and Exeter and a good 25-30 mile route to Paignton from Exeter. Trains which could be included here can be Class 150 Sprinters, Class 143 Pacers, Class 220/221 Voyagers and a short set HSTs (and maybe a reuse of the GWE HST). Also the class 66 would be nice to drive along this route. If all this is included, it has great potential to become the most popular extension since Great Western Express. ————— Let me know of your thoughts about this because I believe this would be doable for the developers and in my opinion would be good for the value.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Corey Collins

Corey Collins New Member

I've been wanting this route on tsw for SO LONG. I really hope they do it. So badly. They could even introduce the class 800s to the main line aswell seeing as they have replaced almost all HST's on this route. Honestly would love to see this line

• Like Like x 2
  3. Corey Collins

Corey Collins New Member

Sorry my mistake it's the class 802's used on this route

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

I asked Matt on stream about this route a while ago, he said he would love to have the route on TSW but they need to ensure that the dawlish sea wall looks good enough. I think it will come eventually, because it's perfect for this game.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Corey Collins

Corey Collins New Member

Yeah I agree, I think it will be the most complex route to date in terms of scenery because theres such a variety of it but it will pay off to be such a pleasure to drive on. Pluse tsw needs the introduction of the 802. This route will be the games chance to

• Like Like x 1
  6. Corey Collins

Corey Collins New Member

And which video can your question be found on if you dont mind me asking? And round about what time?

7. Mikey_9835

I'll see if I can find it, not sure which stream it was.

8. Mikey_9835

Found it! It is the Train Simulator 10 year Anniversary stream on YouTube, question is answered at 1:01:54 :)

9. GEO512

GEO512 New Member

5FA4A2A7-CD91-4BBB-A245-4E968600E53B.jpeg
    That’s nice to know. I’m looking forward to this if they are able to master the sea wall. Also I wouldn’t mind if it was in the 90s too, with BR blue yellow HSTs (class 50 maybe?) and first gen pacers and sprinters, but it would be cooler for it to be modern day. Glad Matt said that because this route is really fun to ride on (unless you’re squashed like sardines on a single set pacer from Exeter) and put this with TSWs graphics, it will be brilliant. In the meantime, here’s a pic of the flying Scotsman at Plymouth, another place I want to see this route go

10. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

would be great if we could have this route on TSW and run HSTs and 66s and class 50s as well. pacers, sprinters.

11. Corey Collins

Corey Collins New Member

Thanks for that mikey. Glad to hear it's on the to-do list

12. oscarvirgoe

oscarvirgoe Member

This is unrealisitc, but it would be very cool to have class 57 castle class locomotives and the Night Riviera running through as an early morning service, and midnight return, and I think they ran Exeter to Penzance routes too, with 4 coaches, between 2015, and 2018, which would be a pleasant change of pace.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  13. GhostHunter0554

GhostHunter0554 New Member

GWR also do 2&3 car sets of the class 158 and from my knowledge we’re testing out the class 166 from GWE also on the line.
    upload_2020-1-28_21-28-59.png

upload_2020-1-28_21-29-33.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kingmark11

Kingmark11 New Member

As a Devon local I'd love this. Some of the most iconic scenery, and challenging routes with the steep Devon banks of Hemerdon, Dainton and Rattery would be enjoyable to drive. I'd also love the option of the new IET, old HSTs and new Castle sets, Pacers on the Paignton branch and the newer DMUs we see regularly. It would also be amazing to have the option of using the Class 52 on a rail tour...that thrash over the hills will be music!
    After doing Devon, you may as well do Cornwall and give us the option of running the sleeper from Exeter to PZ!

• Like Like x 3