Broken 3rd Party Adons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aljaž Skarlovnik, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Aljaž Skarlovnik

Aljaž Skarlovnik Active Member

Hi!

It's come to my attention, mainly through trying and failing to make them work, that many of the older 3rd party locomotive adons no longer work in 2020, which is a real shame. No error messages, no nothing, just invisible (but fully functioning) locomotives and everything else working perfectly.

20191031162434_1.jpg

In this case, it's a QJ.

Anyone have any idea how to make them show up again?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Invisible usually means missing Geo files. I would start by looking at the assets folder for the loco and make sure it has everything it needs. Also check 32bit and 64bit program versions

3. Aljaž Skarlovnik

It has 3 geopcdx files - one for the engine (the one going invisible), one for the tender and one for the cab. It works in neither 32 nor 64bit. The 32bit is worse in fact, giving me an error before even starting the scenario up. The 64bit version at least loads it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Any dependencies?

Just had a very very brief search for "train simulator QJ" and there seems to be a few possibilites for where that loco came from and things it might need (if they're the right ones)

5. Aljaž Skarlovnik

If anyone else wants to have a go at fixing it, here she is.
    Yeah, the original source for this is not available and it doesnt work on the WayBack machine, so I downloaded it from somewhere else. There seem to be no missing files - the Utilities gives no warnings, errors or red text.

Other locomotives, such as the DF4 pack from Trainsim.com and the JS and JF locomotives also have the same problems.