Marketplace Proposal: British Rail Class 24 Br Green Liveries

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheAmtracker, Nov 1, 2019.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. Mostly Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mostly No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheAmtracker

TheAmtracker Member

Now of course, we have the British Rail Class 24, originally the British Railways Type 2, available as an Add-On for Train Simulator. But even though I haven't even purchased this Add-On yet, I noticed that something is missing from this Add-On that I think it desperately needs: British Railways Green Liveries. Since these liveries, of course, didn't come with the add-on, I'm proposing it as a Marketplace item. In case you don't know what those liveries look like, here are some photos I found online.

British Railways Green:
    [​IMG]
    British Railways Green with Yellow Warning Panel:
    [​IMG]
    Now, as always, to avoid any plagiarism of any form, I will leave the links to the websites where I found these photos on.

Websites:
    https://transportsofdelight.smugmug...LECTRIC/PRE-TOPS-DIESEL-LOCOMOTIVES/i-TKZFS2R
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/barryduffin/16580530854

Now, I know I say this all the time, but I really do hope that Dovetail Games, or whoever creates marketplace add-ons for Train Simulator sees this proposal, and decides to make it available for Train Simulator. And as always, please tell me your thoughts/opinions on my proposal. Your voice really matters to me.

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

3. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

4. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, why do you need these reskins as a paid pack when they are already available for free?

5. TheAmtracker

TheAmtracker Member

For a couple reasons: One, I want it to be authentic with dovetail games train simulator and its original add-on. Two: Even after reading the readme, installation is too tricky and confusing. Three: Some of these payware websites requires you to pay in Euros, and I'm an American, so I can only pay in US Dollars. Four: When you think about it, the prices aren't all that expensive.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Much of the workshop content is actually made by 3rd parties. Steam get a high percentage of monies paid, DTG get a medium percent, the actual content creator gets whats left
    Normally installing an add on is "copy this to here, go here, copy this, go here, paste it". Fairly basic stuff but I get what you mean
    None of the links we're posting are payware. They're free with the exception of ArmstrongPowerhouse who accept paypal which you can pay in any currency you like

7. TheAmtracker

TheAmtracker Member

Well okay then, I'll consider thinking about it. Thanks for letting me know.

8. mrtommo79

mrtommo79 New Member

The Base model in the DTG pack is wrong for Green livery, The headcode discs are moved to the center and front doors are plated over which happened later in life, A release of further variants would be good though