Class 47 In Grey For Northen Trans Pennie

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I thought since of all the dirty work aka Freight activities in NTP route it would make more sense to put to work a Grey Class 47 because it blends in with the oil tanker cars and other freight cars far better than the BR blue livery. Most common Grey variants were FreightLiner and BR GREY with the Large logo. Would be fantastic to have either of them (or both) in charge for majority of the Freight activities on this line.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      110 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      58.2 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

NTP is set in 1983, so Freightliner is a decade too new to feature there. Would be nice to have them elsewhere, though.

3. Gabe_1.0

What about BR GREY? It's just a gray variant of BR BLUE. I had a feeling Freightliner may not be the era

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Or just a really dirty one.. scenery unlock perhaps...?

5. Gabe_1.0

I don't think that's what I had in mind, I know rail companies liked to have a uniform freight and passanger services, colorwise the locomotive and the freight or passanger cars all had the same color scheme.

6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Think its
    Think 1983 is marginally too early for BR railfreight livery. BR big logo perhaps? Not sure.

7. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Your first picture is Railfreight livery which was probably started in 85ish for 47s and the second is called Triple Grey Railfreight livery which was introduced in October 1987 but that has the Freightliner branding which puts it in the 90s I guess. These were for freight 47s so 47/0s and 47/3s, not really the 47/4s as are on NTP although some 47/4s did get the Triple Grey scheme.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Im guessing there would have been 47s knocking about in 89 with BR large logo blue livery, maybe even basic 1983 style blue. Difference being the Headlamp on the front. The frustration is WSR has the suitable 47. So far there appears to be no intention to give it another paint job.

9. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

In 89 there was Blue, Large Logo Blue, Railfreight, Red-Stripe Railfreight, Network South-East, Triple-Grey, Intercity, Scotrail etc.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry. I was talking in terms of TVL. I think having a choice of liveries would help sell routes and future dlc. Imagine if TVL had come out with the option of blue and railfreight 37’s. Br 101 or regional railways 101. Straight away theres more variety, more interest. Then announce a class 31 dlc. 31 in Br small and large logo blue livery. The option of a top and tail class 31 service running a rake of ballast trucks from Darlington to Saltburn and back in an imaginary, engineering scenario. Using a scenery tile featuring workers and br transit vans. (Maybe something for a mastery reward in future as long as in the interest of fairness. The stats for any particular loco were logged from the day it was 1st used)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 2