PC Tees Valley Observations

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by opswintercourse, Nov 4, 2019.

1. opswintercourse

opswintercourse Member

Hope folks don't mind a few general obervations on the Tees Valley route:

1. Not enough traffic uses the goods lines through Boro, should be a train or a light engine movement every 5-10 minutes through there on a good day.
    2. Please add traffic to/from the chroming plant at Urlay Nook, and add the trip wires for the airport.
    3. Tees yard is WAY too empty, needs more stored crap.
    4. Thornaby needs a couple of stored Peaks in the demic sidings, one with a male reproductive organ drawn in the dirt.
    5. Since when has any 2nd man turned out for a shunting turn on a 37 in ballet slippers and a turtleneck?
    6. Where are the prostitutes around Boro station? You couldn't go in the waiting room in the winter without being asked if you were looking for something
    7. The shunters cabin at Tees had baked beans all over the ceiling where someone left a can on the stove and it exploded, these were left there for years and eventually painted over still stuck to the ceiling. This needs preserving for posterity.

Bored now, off to make mischief elsewhere

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Hmmm, I'd say there's a ZERO percent chance that they will add prostitutes.
    If they did, they would have to add drug dealers as well.

By the way, are the hookers in the UK any good looking?

.....just curious :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. opswintercourse

opswintercourse Member

Well, there was one who was very pretty, red headed girl. Caught a bloke knocking her about in the station subway one night and managed to haul him off and get him naffed off at the high porte. Spent a bit of time cleaning her up and making sure she was ok. Problem was for years afterwards all the girls recognised me and asked how i was doing etc, it was fine until I took my then fiance home by train to meet my parents, she got TOTALLY the wrong idea when all these hookers started giving her the Spanish Inquisition in the waiting room and cut off our engagement shortly after.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The upcoming Class 31 DLC will add more freight traffic to the route. :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

Well you never know, DTG could add Prositutes as a mastery unlock.

Edit: Whoever downvoted me clearly does not understand sarcasm.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  6. Juan Manuel Luengo

Juan Manuel Luengo Active Member

With all due respect to your opinion, Opswintercourse, I don't expect to see prostitutes on my computer screen. Yes I hope to see more trains and with a more realistic behavior. It is a train simulation, and the rest is accessory.

7. opswintercourse

opswintercourse Member

It's irony fella, same with the comment about the beans on the shunters cabin wall

• Like Like x 3
  8. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Ha ha ha, that's absolutely hilarious :D

By the way, who is the LOSER with no sense of humor. Seems like some people around here use the almighty "downvote button" like THOR uses his hammer. Get a life already and stop being so damm sensitive.

• Like Like x 6
  9. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Drug dealers you say? Well the other day I caught myself thinking, the only reason someone would ever come out here, in the middle of the night, in the heaviest of rain, to some lonesome and barely lit* switchyard outisde an old steel mill somewhere on the North Yorkshire seaside by the cargo port... the only reason someone would come here is if they had a body in the trunk the wanted to bury.

Or indeed to unload a whole train of... coke... and I don't mean the Coca Cola kind... that somebody *ahem* ordered out here...

*speaking of lights, that would be a REALLY nice mastery achievement for Tees Valley. More, and I mean MUCH MORE!! illumination of the steel plant and other industry facilities. Here's what British Steel looks like at night. Not pitch black.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Wow, makes me wonder what this route would look like in true 4k with proper lighting.

11. opswintercourse

opswintercourse Member

In the 80s it would have been very well lit, especially when they were flaring off from a couple of places. That torch can be seen for 25 miles on a good night, quite spooky when it goes purple as well! I think a lot of stuff has been missed off the industrial area just to keep framerates something sensible, I mean you should be able to see the ICI tower from Tees which is a local landmark just after the highway in the sky. Tees Yard definitely needs a bit of a makeover, there's a lot missing though, mind you I did find the bushes where a bloke tried to commit suicide many years ago. Deciding to throw himself under a train and chained himself to the railhead so he wouldn't change his mind, but to make sure he wasn't discovered he decided to chain himself to a bit of rail in the bushes! Needless to say when he was found 48 hours later he was cold and hungry and had completely changed his mind.

On a more constructive note if they wanted an interesting extension they could add in the Whitby branch which was still seeing the traditional pick-up goods working until around 1985 with all the associated small yards etc. Now that would be extremely interesting.

• Like Like x 2
  12. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

The torches are actually there in TSW! It's the electric light that's lacking. :)
    37 519 Grangetown 02.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

I think the bloke in the bushes would make a great easter egg.. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  14. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

5, 6 and 7 - lol