Loco Substitution Via Mods

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by kalteVollmilch, Nov 4, 2019.

1. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 11
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. ales.hnyk

ales.hnyk Member

3. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Anyone got anymore screens in HH

4. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

Sucks to suck. I play on Xbox and badly want to know what that unused scenario is. Honestly I just want to go down the line on Sand Patch Grade in a pair of ac4400cw's.

5. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

What unused scenario

6. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Google Translate converted to english:

TSW - unused scenario
    Yesterday I informed you about an unclassified scenario (it is part of the game, but it was not in the configuration) and today I offer you a modification for displaying the scenario for download. This is a basic game scenario (TSW CSX, TSW 2019, TSW 2020) and therefore does not require any special DLC. The scenario does not contain definitions of what to do, so it is up to you how to deal with it. It contains a timetable, but it is probably only for displaying the trains. I haven't seen any movement except the set you put together. Do not expect any hit :)
    The scenario can be found in the menu classic under the Sand Patch Grade track where you choose the scenarios. It should appear first (not a picture but a pure white rectangle). Installation is the same as for other .pak files and is described in the attached readme.first.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting the link kalteVollmilch !

In my opinion, DTG should let the users choose and drive their favourite trains on whatever route they want, but they keep repeating that this isn't realistic. I'm glad to see that DTG pay attention to realism in Train Sim World, but when it comes to realism DTG should focus on the basic physics, like traction and brake physics.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Looks like someone is filling the editor vacuum.

• Like Like x 2
  9. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

20191105005111_1.jpg 20191105010027_1.jpg 20191105010848_1.jpg 20191105014652_1.jpg 20191105015913_1.jpg

I tried it yesterday and it worked fine. Must say im enyoing much much more the 33 :)

Edit: Now i regret not buying the 52 in the last steam sale... would have bought it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  10. fpriotto520

fpriotto520 Member

DTG did you hear?

• Like Like x 1
  11. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I don't want to complain and quietly hoping this guy makes the 422 available for RSN and MSB :-D

• Like Like x 2
  12. Oystein

Oystein Well-Known Member

Same here, I always wantet to buy the class 52 but WSR is too short and slow for me to enjoy. So having this on NTP is perfect, even if it is not 100% realistic. I hope DTG understand that there is a market in giving users the freedom to choose.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I like the thought of driving a 33 over the Pennines. Just for sheer curiosity. Looks fun. This is what everyone should be allowed to do. Console users (like me) too!

• Like Like x 4
  14. kalteVollmilch

Gotta say, the 52 on NTP really is brilliant. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 52 the most powerful of the British locos at the moment? Cause it certainly feels like it. And sounds quite nice too.
    Edit: Whoops, forgot about GWE for a second. What I meant was if the 52 is the most powerful of the old British locos

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  15. fpriotto520

fpriotto520 Member

I don't think the editor is necessary for Quick Drive. So it could also be made for console gamers too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Yes it is. 2,700 hp.

17. lucas_5_5

and for rapid transit principaly... in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  18. lucas_5_5

yeeah, considering that the locos in most of the german routes aren't that accurate, its ok for me and my levels of realism pretentions lol

19. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

As long as it was optional so you could have realism or fantasy then I agree, if it was only one or the other I would be against it as personally I don't want to see a class 33 on NTP, for example. If another user does then it would be good if they could have that option.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Curious. Would this mod allow the gwe hst on ntp or sn EWS 66 with the tanks. Bet that would look good.

21. lucas_5_5

20191105234247_1.jpg 20191105234524_1.jpg 20191105234947_1.jpg 20191105235354_1.jpg 20191105235735_1.jpg

Ok, i been testing this. I played 2 times and in random moment give me a red signal error. I was not passing a signal at all, so i think its another train in the game, im pretty sure. Maybe other's 101 can't activate the AWS, or something like that.

It's a shame cause i was enjoying using the safety system here, but i think it's gone be a diffult task for the modder to resolve.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Time now for modding the zombies ...

• Like Like x 1
  23. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If they could just add it in as a substitute on service mode, so the particular service gets ticked whether you use the right engine or not, then it would be great to have available. I have the 52 on PS4 and it only needs about 5% of its power to trundle along at 25mph. If there are no issues like Matt outlined for the 31 – and it certainly feels like the 52 would have no issues pulling loads and keeping time – then it would be a welcome addition on NTP.

You could even add a switch in the settings to "Allow non-standard locos: on/off". Right next to the "Show intro movie on startup: on/off" and "Units: imperial/metric/local" options they should add.

• Like Like x 2
  24. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well the 52 was designed for express passenger work to no it wouldn't have a problem on that route. As long as it is something you can turn on or off I don't mind.

I admit that I am a bit of a "stick in the mud purist", but it would kill the immersion for me if suddenly a maroon Western turned up at Leeds station on a trans-pennine service on a route they never ran and in a period where only the preserved examples existed. However if people want that then if it can be made optional it would be nice for those who want it, to see it.

Personally I am hoping for a period Riviera Line so the Western can be ran in it's natural habitat. Powering up and down the South Devon banks.

• Like Like x 3
  25. opswintercourse

opswintercourse Member

Suddenly the ped dlc becomes much more appealing, quite fancy a pair of those on ltp

• Like Like x 2
  26. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I play on Xbox and i would love the option to sub in locos like this. I have little hope of the editor having much effect on the console version so i hope DTG can make this happen in some fashion.

Class 33 and 52 are the only DLC I haven't bought since i just get bored running WSR. Would immediately buy if i could drive them on the other UK routes.

• Like Like x 4
  27. xtommyx89

xtommyx89 New Member

I completely agree that such kind of substitution (even if the loco wasn't on the specific route in the real life) would add more to the replayability. Me too didn't buy 33 and 52 locos, just because WSR became very boring after some time and even with new locos. But if I had the ability to drive them on NTP, TVL, GWE, I would definitely buy them even for the full price.

TrainSim-Matt please think about the ability of such substitution. I see couple options here:
    1) Optional substitution:
    for example, on the timetable mode page, the checkboxes above each loco are displayed. And users can simply check which locos they would want to see on the specific route. I understand that doing this adds additional work for QA team, since nobody wants some services to be broken because of substitution.
    2) User driven loco only substitution:
    More simple way than 1. Just give the ability for the user to choose any loco for his service, but leave all other services as is.

For me having such ability looks like a win-win situation for all of us:
    1) Anyone could drive any loco he wants (of course I mean UK locos on UK routes, DE on DE routes and US on US routes).
    2) DTG would sell more copies of DLC (see my comment above regarding 33 and 52)
    3) Anyone who wants to keep things real, could not enable such additional locos.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  28. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Option 2 is all I'd like.

• Like Like x 2
  29. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Totally get the desire, but there's a lot more to it unfortunately (isn't there always? :) ).

What if you untick enough locos that the service mode now doesn't work? How do I explain to you in a nice simple UI what your minimum set is "one of something to put in this service, one of something to put in this service" etc in order to allow you to make easy informed choices.

Such a thing is actually also needed to help where consoles won't be able to necessarily support later on when there are 10 variations of the 37 and you can't have them all loaded at once (and don't need to) - so there needs to be a way to allow for better use of memory as well.

But yes, I share your desire for such a thing. As always, nothing's simple tho - but we do have some concept designs in various states of discussion for this kind of thing. No promises if/when this might make it to a release of course.

Matt.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I'm sure when there are 10 versions of the 37, consoles will have evolved somewhat. Right now, someone else is making it work. I don't see why DTG can't. I guess it's just easier to come up with reasons to say no rather than have a "can do" attitude. Glass half empty seems to permeate many of DTG's responses to reasonable features.

• Like Like x 2
  31. DTG Matt

Hacking a file, versus creating a UI that everyone can use consistently and sensibly are really not quite the same thing.

• Like Like x 7
  32. kalteVollmilch

I personally like this idea. This way, Service Mode does not have to be changed at all, and I can still drive whatever I want. This might not be perect for all (e. g. those who want to capture screenshots), but for me the fun lies in driving, so I'm happy if I'm the only unusual loco on a track

• Like Like x 2
  33. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

This hacker is embarrassing DTG. They should be put on the payroll.

• Like Like x 1
  34. DTG Matt

Not at all, i'm excited to see what the community are finding ways to achieve, I applaud and encourage it :)

• Like Like x 12
  35. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I'm excited too. They seem willing to push the boundaries and explore what is possible rather than dwell on why things can't be done.

Edit: You'll probably sell more TVL and therefore have more chance of ever having 10 variants of 37s if you let the current variant of 37 run on other routes with a feature such as this.

• Like Like x 1
  36. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

You should absolutely check out the download section of rail-sim.de

https://rail-sim.de/forum/wsif/index.php/CategoryList/

EBuLa for MSB,RRO and RSN are sooooo helpful while learning the route for example and is "just a texture". There are many small little neat additions (like the Enhancement Paks for German routes) that I enjoy and found there.

• Like Like x 2
  37. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be simpler just to have a quick drive option like in TS2020? As per the manual:

Quick Drive
    This feature allows for the selection of a start and end destination, the type of locomotive, time of day and weather. Once selected, press Start to jump right into the action.

• Like Like x 1
  38. fpriotto520

fpriotto520 Member

It seems INCREDIBLE that it has not yet been implemented.

39. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Quick Drive requires set up of all the routes from Start to End that you can select as well as creating all the consists that you can select.
    In the end you can select a route, a consist, weather and a time.
    Just the same as in service mode. With the bonus that service mode has AI trains already setup. what quick drive in TS on most routes doesn't have. So creating a quick drive doesn't give you much more than service mode already gives you.

• Like Like x 2
  40. fpriotto520

fpriotto520 Member

In reality the QD serves (also) to create a convoy to your liking. I would say that it would be very interesting.

41. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

They do.

• Like Like x 1
  42. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Well, I've found a lot of the services on the routes to be pretty much the same and generally go the full route, just set at different times. Of course, that differs depending on the route. This might be realistic but I might just want to have a quick drive for 5 minutes when I have free time or want to start and finish somewhere different for bit of a change. Also at the moment you can't change the consist at all which is really what this thread is all about. I think the great thing about Quick Drive is it gives the player those choices rather than them being made for you.

• Like Like x 1
  43. Anthony Pecoraro

You don’t have to drive the full service.

44. lucas_5_5

20191107230926_1.jpg 20191108001215_1.jpg 20191108002257_1.jpg 20191108005826_1.jpg 20191108011245_1.jpg

I must say im very happy this guy gave us this posibility...

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  45. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Happy to see that you like my mods :)

• Like Like x 13
  46. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

We like them OK trainsimcz :) They make it much more worthwhile buying TSW now there is loco swopping over the routes, TSW should have made this possible from the start. Now TSW is much more appealing. Now TSW is a serious competitor to TS.
    Keep up the good work..
    Class 33 after successful run into Leeds
    33leeds.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  47. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

I just purchased the Western and the Tees coal route for the very reason that this mod exists.

The default idea of tethering the loco's and rolling stock to one route, is abysmal.

Oh and where is the Western's nameplate DTG, you talk enough about realism, but never seem to achieve much of it.

• Like Like x 1
  48. Anthony Pecoraro

Only certain numbers have them.

49. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

In game you mean buddy, what a pile of crud then. Typical DTG, why am i not surprised :mad:

Many thanks for replying though, much appreciated. :cool:

50. Anthony Pecoraro

The names are apparently licensed, and they couldn’t get licenses for all of them.

• Like Like x 1