How To Get Rid Of Specific Assets On A Specific Route While Keeping Those Assets For Use Elsewhere?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pasictarik10, Nov 4, 2019.

1. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

Hey guys, I was just wondering if there is a way to get rid of specific assets on a specific route. I'm editing a route to add my own non-generic assets. The problem is that if I cannot get rid of the assets I don't want for that specific route editing, I have to manually delete them myself in the route editor which can take hours to do. I still need those assets I want to delete on other routes so I cannot simply delete the file altogether. Is there a solution to this?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If I'm understanding you correctly you want to NOT see certain assets on the route builder list, but you want to see your own updates in their stead?

3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this helps
    A friend liked the older version of the Woodhead Route as it's set in the 1950s and he likes Steam locos
    So he cloned the route and then used RW Tools to remove those Default Assets, the OHLE Wires and Gantry, and now he has the same route but without the Electric Trains. He did not delete the Overhead but just amended the route so they did not show.

You can only do this with a Cloned copy as an Update would remove the modifications

Peter

4. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

I want to get rid of certain assets just on a specific route completely but then be able to use those same assets on other routes where they are more suitable. Deleting the entire assets file would mean not being able to use those assets anywhere.

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Clone the route and Scenarios then Edit it to remove the un required assets

6. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

But I'm right back to square one if I do that because I still have to remove the un required assets regardless if I clone the route or not and removing them manually takes several hours.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you don't clone the route any updates from DTG Will Overwrite your work and the route will be the same as you purchased it.
    And if you had bothered to read my earlier reply the suggestion was to use RW Tools as my friend did.
    It took him around 20 mins to remove all the Overhead wires and Stanchions from his Cloned route.

8. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

I would have to have someone walk through the steps with me but thanks.

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have a look at RW Tools - it's Free from this site http://www.agenetools.com/downloads.html
    Then have a look at the Tutorials for this program - it takes a little time to get used to it

Clone the route you wish to modify in Build - any updates won't change or remove this route.
    Note you are not Deleting the assets but just changing the Cloned route so they are not required to appear
    It's like going in to the route and instead of removing a Building one by one you remove every instance of that building at once

This guide is talking about removing the overhead wires from a route and the principle is the same for the assets you wish to remove.
    You just have to find what you need to remove first
    http://www.agenetools.com/tutorials/RemElect.pdf
    Note you are not Deleting the assets but just changing the route so they are not required to appear

Any questions just ask

Peter

10. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

Might take me a while before I try that but I will let you know, thanks :)