Fishing Sim World Porthos Has Been Caught

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Mousaka_H, Aug 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

86D26BD9-5282-40DF-A206-808A0E701073.jpeg Hey dovetail what do I get for this guy? MacArthur is next unless he doesn’t exist because he isn’t on the list and then Poseidon

• Like Like x 1
  2. dazzelle

dazzelle New Member

Nice Mousaka_h.
    What size line did you use ? i hooked something around that area on 30lb but after about half a hour and a few close calls of the fish getting out to 200yrds it finally went past 220yrds and got off. Tried a few times since with 40lb but no luck.

Can boss fish be caught only at the right time/conditions or anytime when you would expect to catch that species of fish.
    Tried a few times again for macarthur, no luck except for a 17lb trophy brown.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  3. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

I had on 40 lb to get him. Caught him on the heddon lure perch colored at sunrise with dynamic weather. You probably had him on or at least a big 40 pounder. In the water he looks so much bigger up until the end then he gets short. Think he was supposed to be 72 inches not 32. When he strikes he looked like a Wels or arapaima. You’ll for the most part know when he’s on. He takes of sort of slow but doesn’t stop moving like megladon does if you are familiar with catching him. He got out to 150 yds and kept going and was moving faster so I turned on trolling motor and caught up where he was starting to come to me but he got to 185 yds. If I didn’t put on trolling motor he for sure would have spooked me. I think one size doesn’t matter with him. Think he could spool 80 lb.i have tried for MacArthur but no luck a couple that were 18.6. On PS4 he isn’t even on the trophy list and I brought this up on the weekly stream and they saw that as well and the developers are looking into this. They arent sure if he’s just not on the list or not in Miller at all. I think time of day doesn’t matter on the boss fish but Weather definitely matters. That’s why I use dynamic. I do notice also for certain fish say porthos look for cold conditions. It was 48 degrees when I got him and plus I notice a ton of bass in the area when it gets warm.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. razok

razok New Member

I've had him on several times and even though I'm using the trolling motor to chase him down he breaks me off.... I use 80lbs. line, chase him down and then my drag shoots way up or way down on it's own which causes the line to snap and on 2 other occasions my screen went black and back to the loading page. Why is this happening???

5. razok

razok New Member

I've caught lots of 40 plus pounders with my highest being 49lbs. and change but for some reason when i get Porthos on everything I've tried doesn't seem to work... any tips would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading and your time.

6. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Head to the rocks go just past them and turn the boat around. Adjust your cast so you are casting toward the opposite shoreline. Make sure you get a real good hook set or you will lose him. With 80 lb test keep drag at say 30 until you hook him them up it to 45 and can maybe go a little higher but as you start gaining ground on him lower it to 40 maybe even 38. Try to avoid the ! At the top more than the bottom. See screenshot to get an idea on the angle.

Attached Files:

7. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

So your going just to the left out of the dock area by the rock face and casting towards the island with a bit of shoreline and a few trees on is this the right place see attached

Attached Files:

8. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

No go up a little further north on your little inlet map on the fish finder you will see a cove go in that cove and there will be a Little Rock Island that’s the area.

9. benguen31

benguen31 New Member

hey man not sure if you’re going to see this but i’ve been hunting porthos for a while now it’s 48 degrees and i still can’t seem to hook him i’ve tried a ton a lures and swim baits and have caught multiple unnamed trophy pike and musky was wondering if you have any tips?

10. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

Looks like you are doing everything right. Try fishing different times of the day maybe even evening. Too water is probably way to go if you don’t have the huge 16 inch swimbaits. The blue and white and the perch one. Stop and go presentation speed 2 or 3 and watch the water closely. In water he is noticeably larger than the 40 lbers you see. Also the other two named muskies are right in that area as well one is directly across on the opposite shoreline and the other is more in the middle of the lake but just past that cove with the Boulder. Good luck.