Ai Service Signal Passed At Danger On Ntp

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by theorganist, Nov 7, 2019.

1. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has come up before, I had a quick search but couldn't find it?

I was just travelling on a AI service from Huddersfield to Manchester, it left around 7:50 from Huddersfield. About five minutes into the journey it ended with a signal passed at danger message. To re-iterate this was a AI journey in service mode, I was not driving.

Is this a known bug which I have missed or possibly a one off? I will try running it again over the weekend.

Thanks in advancce.

2. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I just spawned in at Huddersfield at 7:45 waited for the train (Class 45 + MK2) and boarded the train as a passenger. The service has run for about 10 minutes and no red lights passed. TSW can be prone to random errors from time to time. Only way to tell if a bug is to see if it is repeatable and under what circumstance. So many ways this error could of occured. Did you start from a saved state? Did you spawn in over 15 minmutes before service as this can cause issues with services. Did you run a service then swicth to Passenger mode? The list of things to check can get long quickly!

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Got to Stalybridge all good then tried to takeover the service and drive it but the E to get into the cab never appeared. This is a known bug!!

4. theorganist

Thanks KMAN for your replies. I had been hanging around Huddersfield since 7am watching and decided to have a ride into Manchester. So yes it had been over ten minutes before the service arrived. It wasn't a saved service.

I have had the lack of E appearing when trying to get into the cab before.

It is little bugs like this which get irritating as they do damage the overall experience.

Another annoying thing which annoys is a two car 101 came into the station and instead of stopping part way along the platform it went right up to the end of the platform which looks ridiculous. It would be better if they could have separate platform markers for loco hauled services and DMU's which appeared in a lot of TS1 routes.

5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I've never had a case of the AI running a red - yet. I'll try to give that service a go sometime and see what happens.

I originally thought this myself but then realised some of the platforms are split into A and B. I'm assuming this is so they can host 2 services at the same time - there is a track cross over midway down. But yes they do tend to stop at the extremes sometimes.

Watch they don't get the transport police on you! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. theorganist

Lol I did wonder what it made me sound like!

I think they are split but it still looked odd as it went right up to the signal at the end of the platform. I imagine in reality a two car set could still be in the relevant platform and still (mostly) under the station roof.

It is only a minor point but just looks wrong.

• Like Like x 1