More Passengers/more Variety

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Maxxxxx, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Maxxxxx

Maxxxxx Well-Known Member

So, we already have quite a few different models of passengers. But they all are somewhat boring, all of them have either a pullover or a tshirt, jeans and normal shoes. I think adding specific accesoires to some passengers would make them much more interesting and would also bring in more variety.
    More specifically, i was thinking of Accessoires like:
    Headsets (Great opportunity to implement Matt's Pink Headset!)
    Short trousers (Because why not)
    Glasses
    Watches
    Backpacks

• Like Like x 6
  2. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

And different ages too. Its Orwellian how its just one demographic...

3. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Oh yeah I'd even pay for that XD

But apart from more variety, I'd also suggest more passengers in general and more realistic behavior. Since some passengers can do some wonky stuff ;)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  4. meselfhimself

meselfhimself New Member

Id love to see better variety in passengers and their animations too. They are rather bland and lifeless at present. Only improvment on them over TS is that they are better moddled, If I can ever figure out how to mod them myself, I will. (have the skills to model texture and key frame, but I wouldn't know how to add that in to the game)
    Some passenger/character editor tools would be great, but i doubt that will ever happen.
    The passengers look like they are broken up to seperate meshes for wigs, clothing etc, It shouldnt be too hard to add more visual variety in future, but expanding their AI routines or even make them more interactive would be much more of a challenge.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  5. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I would also like to see them have better AI Behaviour - Maybe seek shelter when you set the weather to rain. Have better crowd collision advoidance. Due to the Mastery update I found myself playing services I never do such as night ones. On 2P00 I found the train was full of passengers and unlike the daytime services they did not all get out at the first station. It felt more realsitic as people were getting out in realistic numbers at all stations until the last 2. Dont see whwy this is not the same for the daytime services.

6. meselfhimself

meselfhimself New Member

Seeing them actually move around in the carriage abit would be good - instead of teleporting from door to seat like old TS.
    I could even live with them walking though each other occasionally as a compromise (to avoid path finding bugs and human traffic jams)
    This is supposed to be the next Generation of train Sim after all.
    OP's ideas aregood, except for Back packs, because when they sit down, back packs will clip though the seat and be visible on the other side. It realy would be nice (just for once) to have simulator with out avoidable glitches like that.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  7. meselfhimself

meselfhimself New Member

Ive managed to extract TSW's pak and start poking though the assets via Umodel, all I can access though is the passengers geometry & texture files for skin, hair, eyes etc, (no idea where the clothing textures & meshes are hidden) and on top of that none of the the 3d (mesh / skeletal mesh) can be viewed or exported in Umodel it seems. Ill try a few different Engine versions besides 4:16 but i think they are locked down in some way.

Error given is:
    FFileReader::Serialize:File=CH_F_Torso.uexp <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- TArray::Serialize:2349/196634 <- FSkelMeshSection4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- FStaticLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/5 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:SkeletalMesh4'CH_F_Torso.CH_F_Torso', pos=2F570, ver=513/3, game=ue4.17 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:CH_F_Torso <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=1124

I might as well give up for now. It seems that for the time being at least, passengers are just not moddable - if I can't even access their assets properly. I welcome any known suggestions / work arounds though.

I dont know if DTGs upcoming editing tool will include anything to assist with editing characters, or if it will be limited to routes and rolling stock only. Anyone know? Cant easily create any new assets for an existing game with out some kind of template or spec to work with. - e.g I'd need to know how the passengers are constructed.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  8. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Maybe contact the guy on this website he seems to have made alot of progress with modding TSW

http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&nod1=33&nod2=2

9. meselfhimself

meselfhimself New Member

Ok Ill see if i can drop him an email if i can find any contacts info, I dont speak Czech though!
    - thanks ^

10. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Use google translate to translate the page each of his articles has a Article discussion section which he seems to reply to. So could ask that way.
    upload_2019-11-9_17-5-2.png upload_2019-11-9_17-5-2.png

11. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

id like to see passengers
    using umbrellas in the rain
    running for the train
    using mobile phones
    with cameras taking photos of the trains, with note books taking down engine numbers
    pulling suitcases about
    reading the papers or books
    id also like to see station staff on platforms, doing what they do, whistling trains away or flagging them

• Like Like x 1
  12. meselfhimself

meselfhimself New Member

Agreed ^ and I can proabably modle, texture and animate all that, but i cant implement it the game currently. All but textures are firmly locked down in their UEASSETS and cant be extracted. So for now, other than reskins, we are sunk.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019