Euro Fishing Suggestions And Bugs

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by bI4ckp4nth3r_187, Jul 15, 2017.

1. bI4ckp4nth3r_187

bI4ckp4nth3r_187 New Member

Hi Dovetail and community,

I love fishing and when I'm not on the bank I'm on your game on the ps4. In March of this year (I think that's when this came out?) I noticed a lot of bugs and so did the community and they were plastered all over different forums. I don't think they've been addressed as I still have the following issues;

1. My fish become semi aquatic and decide that they'd rather swim on land and mess about. Can you not make them stay in their natural environment? IE: The WATER??? I've lost so many fish in the last 2 months.

2. Above the rods and spod rod when you're on the bank it tells you your Rig and bait but the spaces reserved for Distance, Reel and Line are blank still. Are you going to sort that out as it's rather helpful for spodding?

3. When underarm casting my Fisherdude likes to sometimes move his arms left or right reducing my cast to mere yards.

4. Where's the Perch? F1 Carp? Grass Carp? Koi Carp? Rudd? But mainly PERCH...they are the best looking course fish.

5. Tackle box is too small, I can fit everything in the tackle shop in my rod holdall and seatbox/bait bags in real life but can only take 4 hooks and 4 baits to the bank in this game?

6. There's no poles or feeders. Pole fishing and feeder fishing are probably the 2 biggest methods used in European fishing. I would like to used maggot or method feeders and choose different baits to load into them. Additionally pole rigs and elastics, pole cupping kits etc.

7. I missed some fish earlier, Barbel and Pike. A river venue would be perfect for these.

8. Does wind affect fishing? Do I catch more fishing the far bank with a head wind and vice versa? I'm not feeling the difference. Also rain increases catch rate as does nightfall, but I'm not feeling a difference in this game. All these factors are influences in real life and can determine bait and line colour/ diameter.

9. Why can't I put any bait in my spod? Boilies, groundbait or particles. Does it even work without adding anything? I don't notice a difference in catch rate using it.

Apart from these points I freaking love this game and I want to see either updates or DT:EF 2 in the future with a more complete set of fish and tackle.

These points are minor but would make the game a lot better.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Thank you for the feedback bI4ckp4nth3r_187. We're happy that you can take your hobby from the banks to the virtual world!

We are already addressing the fish going onto land and you will see a fix for that in the upcoming patch. We will look at the underarm casting and the issue with the rod selection UI and implement fixes for these in the future. The limit on the tackle box was down to a UI limitation at the time but we will see if this can be updated to support more bait and hook selections when in a fishing session.

New species of fish is definitely something we are interested in adding. This is something we hope to work on in future.

The spod rod in it's current state is already loaded with bait but we can consider giving the user the choice of what bait is contained in it.

3. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Stephen.. regarding the new fish species and the such, can we have a bit more info than just "something for the future", the lack of details the development team gives out to the community is woeful, by giving us these vague nondescript answers, you are turning the community against you, there has already been so much go wrong or start wrong with this game that I feel you and the team should at least inform us a bit better, considering, we have paid for a product that was nowhere near a finished state when you released it.

You have basically released an Early Access game parading as a Full Product, this is unacceptable to the Community, a lot of people now have come to the conclusion that this game is going nowhere and will likely leave the game in the near future if they haven't already, does that not bother you?. Do you not have any pride for the product you have created?, it feels like you don't, it feels like all you wanted to do was take peoples money, then occasionally just to keep up appearances, release a half assed patch or two to keep the community quiet.

Now don't get me wrong, I loved this game when it first launched, yes it had bugs, but it was new, It was what most European and UK fisherman were crying out for, a fishing game, with great graphics and coarse fish, unfortunately since then it has taken 5 steps backwards and is in a worse state gameplay wise than it was at launch. There has also been nothing added apart from a few reskinned fish and a few tackle items in a very long time, how can you expect us to support you if you dont support your customers with ways of continuing to enjoy your product.

All we ask for as a Community is a bit of Honesty, a bit more Information and to realize that despite all the negativity, we want you to succeed, the problem is we also don't think you actually want to succeed yourselves anymore.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  4. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Hi Titan, we understand that the lack of information you have been receiving has been frustrating. At present we are very busy in the build up to releasing the patches and Foundry Dock add-on venue.

Once we have released to all platforms we can start looking at putting together some kind of roadmap to give you an idea of what you can look forward to in the future of Euro Fishing. We will also be aiming to be more open with the community in general.

We always welcome feedback from the community so if you have an issue or an idea please don't hesitate to put it forwards to us so that it can be added to game updates.

The PS4 launch is nor far off with the update being checked over by Sony for certification. When we get the go ahead from them we will be releasing the patch and add-on.

• Like Like x 1
  5. titan28

titan28 Active Member

Stephen, I dont want you to take this the wrong way, negative criticism is still useful, you say looking at putting together a roadmap, surely this is one of the first things you should have done?.. The Foundry Dock DLC is absurdly priced, you have valued this 1 lake, with no new fish species or anything else at over half the price of the actual game.. futhermore this DLC is priced at 2.00 (5.00) for the urban editon, what is the reasoning behind this?, do you not value your loyal customers that have been with you through what has to be honestly.. a mess of a journey?.

Yes I accept my warning for inappropriate language, even though, it was not bad language. You say the community is going to be hearing from the team more in the future, what are the plans regarding that, are the negative comments still going to be ignored?