Signalling On Main-spessart-bahn

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TRAXX-Driver, Nov 11, 2019.

1. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

After driving many hours on MSB (Journey-Mode completed except the two broken services) and having much fun while doing it I have to mention one big issue, that was kind of frustrating to me. It also affects RRO and maybe RSN (on the last route I didn't drive much yet). I assume this was already mentioned elsewhere, but I couldn't find it by using the search function.

The signaling seems to require some fundamental work.

Some examples:

• The distant signal shows "expect speed limit" (Vr2). According to the rules of DB I have to reduce the speed to max. 40 km/h until I reach the next main signal, unless another limit is given by a Zs3. Deviating from this rule in TSW most of the time the speed limit applies at the next switch behind the main signal. This switch sometimes lays a few hundred meters behind the signal.
    • Deviating from the main rule "Hp2 means 40 km/h" (as mentioned above) often the speed limit is 60 km/h, although this isn't shown by neither the distant signal nor the main signal by Zs3 (or timetable or La, both not present).
    • Approaching the Schwarzkopftunnel from Laufach a speed limit of 70 km/h ist given by the signal in front of the tunnel portal (also by it's distant signal). But I can go through this sector with 100 km/h without exceeding the speed limit.

I'm on Xbox, but I think that doesn't matter.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  2. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

As always, the HUD only shows track speed limits and has never shown a signal speed limit. The only exception are safety system imposed speed limits like on LIRR, but those again only show safety system speed limits and never track speed limits.
    As the safety system on German trains do not enforce speed limits, there are none shown on the HUD.
    It enforces braking curves which are show with the blinking speeds when you drive with them active.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. TRAXX-Driver

TRAXX-Driver Member

Thanks for clarifying this. So it's up to me to follow the rules given by the signals. Seems I misunderstood how the shown restriction works.

Sorry, DTG.