Screw This Game....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dinsley, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Dinsley

Dinsley New Member

I can't be arsed. 5 Hours creating a scenario. Not a single problem while making it. I finally finish it and now I can't play it at all. Crashes all the time because it's an ass game. I've had this game for years and it's always been the same. I have a powerful PC that has no problem running any game let alone this. I've recently Reinstalled it / verified the files and cleared out all my old reskins/workshop subscriptions and most of my old scenarios. I'm done wasting my time on this stupid game....

Nice to meet you all by the way :D (I'm not mad at all)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Brickrail782

Brickrail782 Active Member

I've had it crash on me because I had left it alone on the main menu screen for too long.

3. Dinsley

Dinsley New Member

Sounds about right. Crashing when you aren't even doing anything lol.....Such a joke

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

When editing the scenario did you do a Save every few minutes?

5. Dinsley

Dinsley New Member

Certainly did. I'm used to this crashing more times than that fox from the bandicoot series so I'm always saving after every 3/4 AI trains I set up. The games ridiculous and Dovetail couldn't give a rats arse about any of the issues or fixing them...

6. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Judging by the title I thought this was a troll post about the DLC prices or something but turned out to have a valid reason and actual criticism. Good on you for voicing your criticism Dinsley!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dinsley

Dinsley New Member

Why thank you. I never normally come onto forums but I've had enough. They always seem to break the game more when they send out a new update. That's when crashes seem to happen the most. Dovetail are just incredibly Incompetent

• Like Like x 1
  8. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I actually do agree with that. The updates usually introduce a problem.

9. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If the game is rubbish and it does not work how come so many people manage to create scenarios with lots of trains and upload them to the workshop?

• Like Like x 4
  10. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I can't remember the last time mine didn't crash on exit but, in game, it's about as stable as it's ever been for me.

11. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Allegedly.
    Always add "allegedly" or something similar to avoid a very costly court summons......

• Like Like x 1
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

As you gave me a Downvote I thought I would return the favour - but then I thought better of it

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Thank you, I was wondering what you felt about my comment. I said to my wife earlier at dinner. "I made a comment on one of the many hobby forums I contribute to and this being more about popularity than the sharing of a hobby, I was wondering what user 749006 thought about it."

I was at a party earlier and this guy I've only met a few times stopped our conversation about Climate Change and the music industry and asked how popular I am on Train Sim forums. It's uncanny.