Fishing Sim World Laguna Iquitos Losing Fish

Discussion in 'PlayStation' started by Chizzckh, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

I seem to be having issues with losing fish (Mainly Arapaima from what I can tell) on this water but it feels more down to a bug than designed game dynamics.

Several times now I have hooked a fish and after playing it for a while it seems to find a spot either right up against a bank or island and then the drag goes apoplectic maxing out and dropping to zero like a rev counter and then snap. It doesn't matter what drag setting or line strength (Generally 80lb on this water) it does the same.

The main thing that makes it feel more buggy than by plan is the water depth goes to zero as well at the same time. There have been similar glitches on EuroFishing/FSW that had to be fixed as it was a fault.

Just wondered if I am right in thinking it is a bug or is it by design? Wondered what people's opinions are re this?

2. mrkus1702

mrkus1702 Member

Happend to me once so far. Exactly the way you describe it, including it being an arapaima.
    I was fishing the smaller Kayak-only area at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

Yeah this has happened to me a few times as well not just on the new lake either had it happen on gillhams, lago del mundo and waldsee generally on waldsee it happens when fish gets caught behind a peg platform or behind the island.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

So this feels like a bug then - Now its mentioned Waldsee with the rocks have been an issue before for me but just haven't fished that venue recently. Annoying.

5. joshuamcfadyen19

joshuamcfadyen19 Member

Its definitely a bug. Happens all the time with big pike on jezioro bestii on one of the pegs near the rock islands. Sometimes you can chase fish in a boat with a trolling motor and avoid it but if you’re in a kayak or on land you’re screwed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

Had another weird one last night. Fish got stuck between a small island and the bank on Laguna Iquitos. The fish hooked icon froze and didn't move for at least one minute and the depth was showing zero but the drag did not spike. Then I noticed in the foreground a fish literally flapping on the surface as though it was hooked. Eventually the fish symbol pinged forward to where the fish was flapping and then it quickly changed to the net symbol. I then spent another 2-3 minutes fighting the fish with the net symbol up. It wasn't the normal bobbing around close into the bank but it wont come in close enough, this fish was making 50 yards runs.... Eventually I netted it but it was a very weird few minutes :)

• Like Like x 1