Train Sim World 10 Year Anniversary Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cikkufilte, Oct 19, 2019.

1. cikkufilte

cikkufilte New Member

Editor released

• Like Like x 4
  2. Alex656

Alex656 Member

Cab sway functionality and better cabin sounds...................if someone will read this reply

• Like Like x 2
  3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Perfectly good suggestions but... tenth anniversary of what? TSW is only a couple of years old.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cikkufilte

cikkufilte New Member

You didn't get my joke. Editor has been announced but they are silent about it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alex656

Alex656 Member

I understood perfectly. It seems that the development of the simulator is not making progress: we no longer speak of multiplayer, cab sway, only DLC. The multiplayer will probably never be realized, as already happened for Train Simulator. I hope DTG is not too busy with the collaboration with Microsoft for the next flight simulator (search for Dovetail at the end of the page https://gaming.hwupgrade.it/news/vi...o-in-4k-al-limite-del-fotorealismo_84929.html)

6. cikkufilte

cikkufilte New Member

The biggest problem is that DTG has no real competitor. Trainz has ridiculous cartoonish cabs. If microsoft studios get back to train simulation, it would be great, but I don't expect it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Searched it... "Microsoft has supported some studios that work on some of its own franchises like The Coalition , which takes care of the Gears series, but also Dovetail Games and Asobo Studio ."
    So it says that Microsoft has supported DTG in some of it's franchises, which it has. Where's the problem with that?

8. Alex656

Alex656 Member

I read the Italian version of the hwupgrade page and this is what I understood:
    The technical part of Microsoft Flight Simulator is realized by subLOGIC; ........ Dovetail Games (and the other teams) collaborates with Microsoft and subLOGIC in the creation of Flight Simulator; There was a misunderstanding? A translation error?
    Anyway i think that the development of Train Sim World is not proceeding as expected

9. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

Animated station time monitors
    AI Conductor controls the opening and closing doors and give signals for the train to depart from the station.
    Railyard workers help the players switch tracks and couple and uncouple feright and passenger cars.
    Automated Voice annoucments for train stations and for passenger trains telling when the next train is coming delayed or the next station stop.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

10 years?! Now that's too short. Now 20, oh yeah that's more like it.

11. meselfhimself

meselfhimself New Member

All I can find is a 10 month old YT video (offical DTG stream) saying the editor is 'nearing completion' - Im quite new here, are we saying there has been no news since 10 months? If so thats insane - and very strange indeed.
    Not even a tiny mention of why its delayed?

12. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

It's been an on going saga for a couple of years. We were told in 2017 that the Editor would be released in 2017, it wasn't. Then in 2018 were told the target for the release of the public Beta was the end of 2018, it was then delayed again until 'the new year'. Well it's now been nearly a year since that public beta was supposed to happen and we know nothing more now than we did then. It's also worth mentioning that the stream you saw showing the Editor wasn't the public version, the public version has never actually been seen.

From the rumours I've heard there are technical and business reasons DTG cannot bring us the public Editor, so as far as I'm concerned it's been cancelled. Of course DTG would never announce this, so they just don't say anything about it anymore.

13. meselfhimself

meselfhimself New Member

I see, rather dissapointing if thats true - but it will help keep TS alive and kicking I guess.
    I had hoped I that when i bought TSW, it was going to develop in to the new TS / Railworks. I hope it does, but im now starting to question if should have got TS instead.
    partial/shorter routes at full price & no public editor or mod support, could hurt TSWs appeal and longevity.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Digital Draftsman

We know from the Flight Sim World saga that they're not interested in 3rd parties creating content outside of DTG's tightly controlled bubble.
    PMDG, a well respected 3rd party flight sim developer, conveyed the situation well in this Facebook post: https://en-gb.facebook.com/pmdgsimu...ames-has-taken-the-long-exp/1811627135543729/

The difference between FSW and TSW is that FSW had several competitors in the market, the only real competitor to TSW is TS2020, which DTG also own, so there's nothing to stop them acting in the same way they did with FSW.

15. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why would they be? None of the companies I've ever worked for has been interested in what non-associated companies do. For the most part they weren't interested in what associated companies did even if it was making them money...

16. Digital Draftsman

Community driven sim markets differ from many other markets, and this is something that the recent management at DTG have misunderstood. There's a lot of reasons to be interested in 3rd party development:
    • 3rd parties create content for DTG to publish and take a cut of the sales.
    • 3rd parties create content for markets which wouldn't be commercially viable for DTG to cater for, increasing the player base.
    • 3rd parties innovate and bring new features to the game which DTG can purchase the rights to and implement in the game at a cost lower than if they had developed them themselves. (DTG purchased the rights to content I created many years ago and incorporated it in future products.)
    • 3rd parties produce freeware and payware DLC which uses other official DLCs, adding value to and increasing sales of the official DLC.
    There are good reasons almost all simulation games are designed in a manner which permit mods and addons to be created by the community. DTG's decision to diverge from this philosophy was one element which led to FSW failing. TSW's only competitor is TS2020, which DTG own, and that's a big reason TSW hasn't followed FSW.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Alex656

Alex656 Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

they didn't even test all the aspect ratios with the menus :(

19. cikkufilte

cikkufilte New Member

I'm glad that this did get some attention.

20. Alex656

Alex656 Member

Unfortunately, I am afraid it will not help much; who should answer does not.