PC Class 31 Sounds

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Schnauzahpowahz, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Are muffled for me in most instances. I did one scenario and it was fine.
    Did a timetable 101 haul, sounds get killed out. Even turned off the 101 engine, no dice

Went to WSR did a run, sounds fine. Back to TVL and sounds muted even with cement wagons.

Getting up from the seat and returning solves nothing.

All my drivers are up to date etc etc

Love to know if anyone else experiences this

2. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Yes I have had exactly the same prob on the PS4 version of the class 31.

3. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Ran a few trips on the cement, steel, sounds great. I do agree with you on the 101 service. I also turned the DMUs engines off to see if it had an effect. At full throttle the 31 gives more of a 47 turbo whistle when pulling the 101. Although I rarely or probably didnt need to push even a 31 with only a 2 car consist.

4. Schnauzahpowahz

its a beautiful bit of kit Rob39 , the sound issue seems to be only certain instances, the main thing I wanted to do is run the 101s with it

• Like Like x 1
  5. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

If you are on PC and are happy changing ini file settings then go to your saved games folder under TSPrototype2 you will see the config folder make a copy of the Gameusersettings file then open with note pad.
    Go to the line AudioQualityLevel= and change to 1 or 0. This reduces the number of channels played and helped me when I had sounds cutting out

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

From release on NTP the 101 started out with sound issues. Intermittent vacuum noise, guard buzzer. Maybe it is consuming all the available sound channels. I can tell you that the 37 dosent interfere sound wise when rescued by a pair of 31s. Maybe I’ll try coupling up a class 45 to a 101 at holbeck or a 37 at thornaby.
    I wonder if it would help. If the 101 was set up in the game as broken down. Rather than idling. Maybe the game wouldnt then make allowances for all the 101s engine sound channels on loading up the service?
    Although looking at a youtube video of a tsw 31 stream Ive just seen a service around 7-8am where both 31 and dmu are running and the 31 thrashes away.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  7. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

8. Schnauzahpowahz

Yeah i saw his 'explanation' on discord Anthony Pecoraro , listed over a half dozen numbered engines or something like that to which the bug applies. But, it was known about admittedly and pushed to release anyway... bit confusing

Ive never refunded anything on tsw until today, i looked fwd to the 31 more than most add ons so it just dug the knife deeper for me. If its fixed ill buy it back 100%

• Like Like x 2
  9. hightower

hightower Guest

He did say it would be fixed, so hopefully that will come soon. I’ve not come across it myself yet but it’s a shame the bug couldn’t be squashed before release.

I think it’s a fantastic loco though. The weathering on it is particularly good and it’s a great addition to TVL imho.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Same for me. It's a real shame as the 12SVT is a great sounding engine. I don't understand why DTG think it's acceptable to push out DLC with known bugs.

11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Maybe it hadn't come to light it seems that not everyone is having the problem?

It is a very good looking model and felt immersive to drive, I have only driven it on one service so far and thought the sounds from some angles seemed a bit muted compared to some of the other train sounds.

Would love to see a re-creation of 31327 Phillips Imperial in Railfreight red stripe livery.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1