PC 1983 Ntp Driver Figures Update (retrograde) Request

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Sunscreen, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

It looks like my personal trainer and the HR manager have decided to have a go. Any chance the driver's mate could be kitted out with the appropriate look too as I keep on thinking its the drivers cab open day.. tatty (not just the clothes) with a knackered old high viz would be a better look ;) I cant imagine for a moment these two beautiful creatures would have been able to get anywhere near this locomotive without getting at least a smudge of oily grime on them..

20191110111848_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Welcome to PCR: Political Correctness Revisionism; motto: destruction of the past is the best revenge!

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Well, for a Zombie this lady looks quite nice, even without some railway grease on her shirt ... But changing history might be dangerous, you'll change the present timeline too.

4. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

No females on the footplate in my day which includes the '80's and before.

More politically correct nonsense from DTG.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Tbh Im trying to steer clear of the whole political correctness debate- theres other forums, threads and platforms for that.

Im just after a more believable set of demographics in the cab. At the moment it looks like the passengers are self driving the trains. Its an immersion tweak that Im guessing should be straightforward enough..? Different ages would be nice too, kids spotting from bridges, anoraks at the platform ends etc etc

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  6. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

I think it would be enough, if the co-driver, if there are any, always wear that reflective vest and yellow helmet. I think Sandpatch works like this or I always got that look by lucky RNG ...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

There was another thread about the same topic and it ended up being locked with no explaination, despite the fact the discussion was on topic and well behaved: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/driver-gender-balance.19262/

I don't see why wanting a realistic portrayal of train crew depending on the demographics of the region and era represented is so controversial. The trains represent the era and region, the scenery represents the era and region, why don't the train crew? It's a valid question that DTG seem eager to shutdown.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

It was probably the comments at the end of that thread that served to sabotage the serious request behind it. Thats why I want to keep any political correctness discussion out of this one, because once that discussion begins it often degenerates as weve seen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Yes I have commented on the lack of variety of passengers before. Some elderly passengers and some children, especially trainspotting on some of the older routes would be nice to see as it adds to the realism.

I agree that is would be good for the figures in the loco to represent what was seen in the era. Is it DTG being PC or just the way it has been set up?

• Like Like x 1
  10. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Ehhh we’re in an age of over sensitivity, not too long ago in the mid naughties, it literally was naughty, could ask and talk anything.