Roma Nord

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nicolo.gregori, Jul 18, 2019.

1. nicolo.gregori

nicolo.gregori New Member

The RomaNord railway (Rome, Civita Castellana, Viterbo), managed by Atac, extends for about 100km and connects the capital of Italy Rome to Viterbo.
    Because of the narrow bends the trains are forced to keep to a very low speed limit and for this they have only 3 special trains that can travel.
    The line is a double-track railway in the urban section and a single-track railway in the extra-urban section. The standard gauge is 1 435 mm.

The line is electrified in direct current with a voltage of 3,000 V; it is fed by an airline to Catalano. From Catalano to Viterbo proceed in directional current with a monofilament overhead line.

The ECD electric trainsets are composed of an overhead electromotive and one or more commonly two carriages.

The towed boats were commissioned in 8 mixed 1st-3rd class units (AC 51 - AC 58), 13 third-class single units (C 71 - C 82) and a VIP carriage (AC 59, renamed S 101). The division into classes remained until 1977, when they were repaired and unified. The saloon carriage was transformed back into a normal carriage. Unfortunately, I am no longer in service for safety reasons but you could add them with a DLC.

26_catalano.jpg

In 1987 the company made the first real investment in vehicles since its foundation, commissioning Firema-Casaralta-OMS with ten urban Series 100 Electric Cars, consisting of three boxes of which only one tractor, one towed and one towed. Respectively the three types of units are classified with the even numbers between 102 and 120 (the tractors), with the numbers between 201 and 210 (the towed), and with the odd numbers between 101 and 119 (the pilot towed). The first train, composed of the motor n. 102 and from the towed pilot n. 101, entered service on 19 October 1987

117_saxarubra.jpg

In 2000, 10 new long-distance Series 300 electromotive trains (Alstom MRP 236) were produced by Costa Costa of Costa Masnaga and Alstom, destined to remove from the service the remains of the 1932 fleet that will be maintained only for historic trains. The trainsets are made with three boxes in locked composition, marked with the even numbers between 302 and 320 for the trucks, odd between 301 and 319 for the pilots and between 401 and 410 for the trailers. The last convoy (319-410-320) entered service in2008.

1432045431691.jpg--trenino_atac.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. mr.aln663

mr.aln663 Member

The Rome-North is a fantastic railway. I hope they will do it for TS or TSW

• Like Like x 1
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

An Italian whose name I cannot recall at the moment made a similar TS route centered on Milano. Sadly, it hasn't been updated for years, requires hundreds of downloads many of which are nearly or completely impossible to find, and never did run well.
    What has happened to the many creative craftsmen who contributed to this and other Italian TS routes is a mystery to me.
    As for making a route such as that suggested here for TSW is probably impossible, judging by the limited lengths of the currently available routes; still, si tratta d'un sogno veramente bellissimo!

• Like Like x 1
  4. mr.aln663

mr.aln663 Member

Yes of course the lengths are a problem, but there are many fairly short and characteristic Italian railways. For example, I proposed reproducing the railway from Cosenza to San Giovanni in Fiore via the Sila (in southern Italy), a very characteristic railway is appreciated by tourists, only 68 km long, for example the LIRR (the my favorite TSW route) and 68 km long. Length should not be so much a problem. We Italian enthusiasts continue to hope for a route that reproduces our fantastic country!

• Like Like x 1