Alco Rsd15/17

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by Blacknred81, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

So, for some odd reason, I've been recently drawn to this locomotive. The ALCO RSD15 was a Six Axle Road Switcher built between 1956-1960, Only a total of 75 were produced. The locomotive produced 2,400HP with an ALCO 251B as its power source. The locomotive got the nickname "Alligator" due to its long nose on low short hood versions.

Possible Road names

-ATSF (50)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bessemer & Lake Erie (Former DMIR locos) (6)
    [​IMG]

Pennsylvania Railroad/Penn Central (Some still exist as CSX Slugs) (6)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Southern Pacific/Cotton Belt (3/10)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Canadian Pacific #8921 (RSD17 demonstrator) A single RSD17 unit was built in 1957 and was very similar to the RSD15, CP purchased it after demonstration runs on CP,CN and PGE rails. It ran untill 1995, when it was retired. It is currently preserved at the Elgin County Railway Museum in St. Thomas, Ontario.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Looks like a great idea! Hopefully if it's made, it'll be in the pro line or made by Reppo. The pro line would probably include multiple liveries and both high and low hoods. Reppo tends to make better quality stuff (in my opinion), so I'm hoping they'll end their hiatus and create an RSD15.

3. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Nice. I've been suggesting these for a while as DLC for a Santa Fe route. The SP version would be a perfect engine for a 1950s-era SP route. We also have routes for the CP, PRR, and B&LE versions.

4. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

Great suggestion, maybe some scenarios on Cajon Pass for the ATSF, Donnor for the SP, and HSC for the PRR/NYC.