Gp38 Car Collector Bugged ( Tested And Confirmed )

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Xilixir, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

So, I decided to complete the 1st service of the GP38 locomotive for 380 times, it has a 1x coupling to freight car.

After 384 times it stil has not unlocked the trophy. So it is confirmed that it is bugged and need fixing!

This method is the legit way for the trophy to unlock, so DTG, don't come with any BS that i'm doing it wrong.
    Fix your game, how hard can it be to fix a coding!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Phitasphook

Phitasphook New Member

Don't know if anyone has tried coupling every one of them together? i've been trying to do it on new york switcher, pulling all the carriages 2 at a time out of the yard leaving them all along the line then hoping to walk away down to the other yard and couple them to the ones from the first yard. But after joining up 6 from the first yard i uncouple the train derails .

• Like Like x 3
  4. Xilixir

Xilixir Active Member

Lol, well it just is coupling 380 x to an set or a single freight car with your loco though. But let us know if it works

• Like Like x 2
  5. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I was told in my support ticket for this trophy today to wait for an update. That’s it. No commitment on what update or when or if it is actively being looked at etc etc

• Like Like x 2
  6. Phitasphook

Phitasphook New Member

Nope doesn't work, can only get 219 all joined up and its very laggy. saved before and after every couple as the main engine keeps flying in mid air away down the track after the odd uncoupling.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. TinTin_57

Has anyone on any platform got this trophy/achievement?

I am slowly working my way through once again in case it randomly pops but it is driving me mad.

Service F06-1 allows you to couple up a total of 21 times BUT it takes 1hr 35mins which is my best time without speeding. You can imagine how long 380 times would take.

The Amtrak switcher is available but I haven’t got the switching trophy from the base game yet!!! Bugs aside, I won’t be picking that up anytime soon.

I wish there were some way to track our own stats better in game. We can see how many miles per loco we have done but why not how many times we have coupled up? It must track it after all.At least then we can tell if what we are doing is actually tracking.

I cannot get an answer from DTG about this achievement no matter how hard I try or how many ticket follow ups I do. It’s a simple thing that’s giving high frustration

• Like Like x 1
  8. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. TinTin_57

Thanks. I wish we could find someone who has got it and remembered exactly how they did it. DTG won’t even tell us that.

As mentioned previously this is the only one I need for the platinum. I’ll keep trying but boy is it hard work maybe doing all this for nothing

• Like Like x 1
  10. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Since no one registered with truetrophies was able to unlock it, the chance is sadly very high that it isnt working / counting correctly.
    It would be great to have more detailed ingame statistics for such things. Could even be easier to help DTG finding where the issue is.
    At this point you cant know if its counting something or not, maybe it is counting correctly but just not triggering the trophie to unlock for some reason.

• Like Like x 2
  11. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

This is an excellent idea - it would be extremely useful to have a stats page in the TSW UI - this sort of improvement to the UI is a bit "gamerish" though, and TSW, of course, is a simulation..... (...I am just pulling your tail... please don't be offended....) ;-)

More seriously, if DTG implemented a stats page, without fixing the root cause(s) of the trophy/achievement issue, then the number of Support requests, Forum questions, and complaints will go up by x100. And DTG don't have a reliably working Support system for dealing with this sort of influx, or arguably, any influx.

It would help DTG understand the true scale of the problem though.....

I agree with you that the information would also help DTG to actually fix the problem, but they already have a year of data on this issue, and haven't solved it yet, and that's with the info dripping through.

Looking at other threads, it seems that the Support team are telling people to just set up a new profile and try again. And, on PS4, that they are telling people to rebuild their database and/or re-install TSW... it's utterly wrong... They need to look at the data they have, and stop making assumptions that everything is okay, really.

Anyway - if you (or anyone else picking up this thread) are not already aware.... I have discussed the issue at length here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-workaround-tested-and-fixes-proposals.18340/

• Like Like x 1
  12. TinTin_57

I bet DTG themselves can monitor stats because we have the Community Challenges which are tracked

13. PeterL

PeterL New Member

I actually got this trophy just yesterday for the NEC route in the latest PS4 version (1.21) without making new profiles and while still connected to internet. Took clearing all scenarios and most of the locomotive services, but it unlocked without an issue.
    Might've helped that I was ignoring this route until the 2020-update came out and only started playing it actively afterwards, so had no previous data for the game to get stuck on.

14. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I think that DTG put out a fix that was very specific to the Car Collector bug in the 2020 update. Although they also put out a new description for the trophy that looks a bit wrong....

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...freight-cars-on-lirr-route-with-voting.18072/

15. xxhotwheelsxx

xxhotwheelsxx Member

I am chasing this trophy at the moment, seeing as it is supposedly fixed. Can you recall how many services you had to do in order to unlock it? I have the second 120min service left until i will be repeating material. Any help welcome!

16. PeterL

PeterL New Member

Sorry for the late reply, wasn't checking forums for a while.
    The car collector trophy unlocked for me after completing all scenarios (there are about 4 of them where you have to couple wagons) and around 20-25 services with the locomotive. Don't remember the exact amount, but it was definitely 20 or more by the time the trophy unlocked mid-mission.