Train Simulator 2020 Steam Library Dlc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reeon1999, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

I know what routes come with Train Simulator 2020. However, the question I want answered is what does the DLC list in the Steam Library look like? The reason I ask is because there should be some Academy stuff and possibly some asset packs for the routes (though newer DLC seems to just come as one package). I know this seems like an odd question to ask but It's because I want to install a 'vanilla' version of TS2020.

2. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

So what DLC would appear here when you click 'Manage my X amount of DLC' above the red line.

Attached Files:

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There's no such thing as "a vanilla install" as the game itself has no content bar the academy

To run ANY simulation you have to have DLC even that which is comes bundled with.

The entire DLC list for TSx is thousands of items including locos, stock, routes, assets, consists, repaints, scenarios... it's almost endless

I found it best to have a "greatest hits" list and work towards gaining the requirements for those and then go from there

4. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

Yes I know that. What I want to know is if someone was to go out and ONLY buy the TS2020 package today what would appear for them in the manage DLC list in Steam, what route packages, asset packs and extra Academy and Testtrack stuff.

5. ARuscoe

https://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/Train_Simulator_2020/
    There are five different TS2020 bundles each of which have different DLC with them
    If you ONLY buy those bundles then you will get those DLC and any accompanying DLC (for example the Train Simulator: Riviera Line in the Fifties: Exeter - Kingswear Route Add-On comes with class 4073, 5700 etc, but may also include the Euro loco and asset pack)

6. Reeon1999

Reeon1999 Active Member

That's what I want to know. What else does it come with? What asset packs and I know there should be some stuff to help make the Academy work for example. So a screenshot or just a list of everything that would be listed under manage your DLC on Steam if you only brought the TS2020 package and never had the game before and didn't buy extra DLC. But I understand that the chances of someone only owing the base game without extra DLC (other than what's included with the TS2020 package) and being here on the forums is low.

7. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

If it helps I'm sure Riviera in the '50s doesn't need the European/UK Loco's and Assets because it (Rit50) came with TS2016 which I got started with and I didn't have Euro/UK until I picked up the ECML.

If you own the routes having bought TS2020 to add them to your collection they'll all have the same date in your Library listing. There may be other assets associated with the Academy route but again you can at least narrow the possibilities down by their date which will be when you originally installed TS (unless you had TS for a while before moving to a new PC).

Edit: On my PC now and further to this the only listing in my Library relating to the Academy (and clearly dated to my first install of TS) is called Academy - UK, US and German Training Zones.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Academy on my version has a British Steam Loco (4F) and a Class 170, a US Diesel (SD70 MAC) and a DB Class 189 German Electric - they are in a colourful livery with Academy on the side as you don't normally use them away from the Academy but there are reskins for the DB 189 in to other liveries.
    Academy stock.jpg

These are found in the /railworks/assets/DTG/Academy folder

Peter

9. ARuscoe

I believe the question is "If I only buy the basic version of 2020 what DLC do I get on my steam list" but if that particular route doesn't come with the EU loco fair enough.

10. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Yes- that was the point although the Riviera route does only come with the UK edition of TS2020. It seems moot now anyway since, unless one bought TS2020 and other DLC on the same day, it should be easy enough to work out what came with it by going to the Library and looking through the list of DLC where each item is dated to the date of purchase.

11. trev123

trev123 Active Member