PC Settings For Class 33 On Tees Valley

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jetgriff, Nov 21, 2019.

1. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

class 33 on steel outside Darlington Tees Route.....
    I notice to get the 33 moving on Tees Route first it needs both cabs to be set for AIR brakes.. and fitted freight AND couple /uncouple from train and between the locos
    33dar.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t it be set to shutdown?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jetgriff

Well it took me 30 mins trying all combos and the only way to get brakes off second loco was the set it to "released"... it was already set at "shutdown" but the lead loco could not move without loud squealing of brakes from second loco..
    I will have another look

4. jetgriff

Tried again, no go till I released rear cab brakes.... trouble is there is just about no braking power even on emergency...

5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Because the second loco is releasing the brakes.

• Like Like x 4
  6. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

Basically the locos are designed for WSR and by default will couple the vacuum pipes up between the locos instead of the air pipes like on all other dual braked locos. Since the vacuum brake doesn't control the Air brake, the air brake controls the vacuum brake, this means releasing the brake on the lead loco will cause the brakes on both locomotives to release their brakes, but there's nothing to draw the air brake off on the train since your loco isn't feeding the air brake pipe of the wagons since it isn't physically connected up to them.

To correct this, you will need to change the brake selector switches on both locos to Air, and change the timing switches to goods, then uncouple the recouple the coupler between the two locomotives, this should now couple the air brake pipes between the the two locomotives so allowing you to control the entire train from the lead locomotive.

• Helpful Helpful x 5
  7. jetgriff

:):):) You got it! I turn on master switch, leave seat set to air and goods in both locos then after climbing down for 2nd loco uncouple and recouple from train, repeat between locos. Thank you DominusEdwardius. This game is really gaining momentum now. So many variations now available, make it a really worthwhile buy... Looking forward to next route or loco..

8. idiosis

idiosis Member

Forgive my ignorance but how do you get the Class 33 on Tees Valley?

9. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

Why are these DTG Train Sims so friggin' complicated. Are they just pestering us?

In TSW you always get stuck somewhere, and the storyteller (a mr T) is not really a help.
    In TS it's nice that you (seem to) can add 3rd party stuff, but it never seems to work without installing problems ...

10. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'll second this question.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

12. LastTrainToClarksville

I've looked at that website and cannot make heads nor tails of it. Does this MOD overwrite or delete any other PAK file?

13. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

Neither, it adds to the pak files you already have. Simply put in the DLC folder (where all the pak files already are). Every mod replaces certain services on a track with the new loco.

14. jetgriff

Just go here
    http://www.trainsim.cz/?mod=article&showid=2287&query=
    >and download the "Class 33 pro Tees Valley Line" zip file

>unzip it and put the "TS2Prototype-Class33_TeesValleyLine.pak" file in your TSW DLC folder..
    it's one of the easiest of all train sims to install stuff.
    >Oh look earlier in this thread to see how to change it from Vacuum to air once you open a scenario..
    Good T S Worlding: :cool::cool:

pak.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. LastTrainToClarksville

Thanks for the instructions and reassurance. Now there remains just one challenge: I've not bought the Class 33! Perhaps I'll do that at some point. In the mean time, I've copied your instructions into a notebook file & hope that I don't lose it in the meantime.

16. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

You can use google translate for this page, start a new one as some times the download links don't work any more

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Xemik

Xemik New Member

I'm trying to run a Southeastern HS timetable that has a Class 33 at either ends of 4 coaches. Of course, this means I can't uncouple the two locos from each other, so I can't figure out how to get control of the second loco's brake. Do I need to have both locos uncoupled from the coaches at the same time, then, presumably, re-couple the lead first, then re-couple the second?

PS Playing TSW 3 on a PS4, so no option for mods and both cabs are set to AIR and passenger at start of service.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023