Animated Railyard Workers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mlouie100, Nov 22, 2019.

1. mlouie100

mlouie100 Well-Known Member

Dovetails should add animated railyard workers. This feature can bring some life into the trainyards and they can help uncouple and couple freight and passenger cars. Switch tracks for the locomotive. They should also have the ability to walk in and ride with the locomotive when shunting or switching in the yard.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jamesibbs

jamesibbs Member

when you pass them at 60 mph / kmph it doesn't really matter if they are or are not animated it would eat up too much prossesing power

3. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

IMO a zombie collection mark 2 would certainly spice up the show ... however compared to TS 2020 TSW is quite an improvement.
    Even if they still wear T shirts in wintery circumstances.
    No umbrellas on British platforms amazes me however, and where are the bowler hats on a British commuter - platform in the 50-ies?

• Like Like x 2
  4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'm not sure all of mlouie100's suggestions are possible, but I agree that they would make TSW more realistic and interesting. Jamesibbs's claim that they would "eat up processing power" strikes me as incorrect, since the presence of multiple moving passengers on station platforms doesn't seem to cause problems.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

It's great to see them bump into one another. My sister has two robot vacuum cleaners, they behave the same way ...