How Much Assets And Content Files Capacity Is Too Much?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pasictarik10, Nov 29, 2019.

1. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

Hey guys, I will be reinstalling the game on a new computer designed for video games in a few months. On my external disk, I have all the game files. I have about 50 files in the Content folder which together hold about 3GB and around 570 files in the Assets folder which together hold about 450 GB of stuff. I was wondering if there is such a thing as too much volume overloading the game and causing it to malfunction or to stop responding. Can I expect many lags or crashes with so much GB? In total together with the Assets and Content files I have about 600 GB worth of volume of Train Simulator files.

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When you run the game it only loads those assets you are going to use - the rest are just sitting there.

3. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

Right but surely they still weight in the balance with the overall performance quality of the game and the overall stockage capacity. It would make no sense that this game can run exactly the same way with 10 GB of assets and over 400 GB.

4. Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus Member

749006 has given you the answer to your question.

5. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Hi p---10
    You have nothing to worry about, I have a full 250G ssd just for TS and thats nothing compared to what some of these long time masters have stored for the game, 500G-1TB,
    It makes no difference, as Peter says above, only the files needed are loaded, the rest just sit there like dead flies on a windowsill.
    The only restraints are the amount of space you can afford buy with your pocket money. :)

6. pasictarik10

pasictarik10 Member

Fair enough, I really hope 64-bit will make a different then.