No Simple Control In Future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by raptorengineer, Nov 29, 2019.

1. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

so dtg are you slowly removing simple control input mapping in your dlc if so i guessing soon there be no simple control support for this game.
    i for one like simple control but i guess since a lot of people use expert control i see why it might be removed.

2. Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus Member

From all I have seen, it is only certain third-party models that don't have simple controls. If those developers think everybody drives trains the way they themselves like to, its their loss.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If you want simple controls buy any DTG produced non-pro loco or unit
    If you want simulation controls (ie not simple) then buy from other producers or providers, or the pro versions.

4. Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus Member

What would suit everybody would be both. It isn't rocket science. Victory Works and Just Trains manage to do so with ease, for example.

5. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Never used simple control.

6. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

What is "Simple Control"?
    I remember in the Traiz game there was a choice of a dial control like that of an electric train set toy, where you moved the dial to move the train.
    Is it the same as this and how do you find it?

7. Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus Member

Go to Settings ? Gameplay. There you can choose between "Simple Controls" and "Expert". Simple Controls is, I believe, similar to what you describe. Expert Controls allow you separate control of driving functions. The issue with certain third-party products marketed through Steam as "Advanced Locomotives" is that they do not work in either of those modes.

That's your choice. But everybody should have the choice and not be dictated to by either you or third-party developers.

8. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Kind of disagree with this. If the function of the simulation would be impeded by having only "go or stop" controls then it shouldn't have simple controls. Certainly I've never used simple controls and have no interest in doing so, but to say that devs must put them in just because say 1% of people want them. Why?
    So long as it states "not configured to work with simple controls" in a similar fashion to AP say none of their units work with raildriver etc (even though they do, somewhat, just not fully)

9. Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus Member

Why on earth would it be impeded?

10. raptorengineer

maybe DTG to busy to add the simple file to some of there dlc. so i guess i have ot do it my self. question can i copy simple.xml input mapping from another dlc and place it in dlc that doesn't have simple.xml input mapping. i know how to open ap file.

11. Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus Member

Dovetail provide Simple Mode on all of their models that I know of. Maybe it is a third-party model you are having difficulty with? Otherwise I would advise contacting Dovetail support and asking.

12. raptorengineer

done that so far nothing yet i don't think it big deal to them.

13. trev123

trev123 Active Member

Have you tried TS without using simple controls?

• Like Like x 1
  14. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have tried using the F4 HUD?
    Three big button at the bottom of the page. One for Power, one for Forward & Reverse and one for the Brakes.

But I find it strange you know how to extract ap files, and the workings of Input Mappers but you don't bother just use the Keyboard?

Peter