Tsw: Seaside Spectacular!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Yeah thought so Digital Draftsman. I think Anthony Pecoraro is referring to the whole unit, doors lights passenger areas maybe. We refer to the locomotion aspect.

• Like Like x 1
  2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

If that turns out true, that would be awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It is. [​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

Where is the class 313?? They are only in service on the East and West Coastway but they aren't in this even though they frequently run Seaford and Lewes shuttles!

• Like Like x 5
  5. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Because Dovetail

• Like Like x 6
  6. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Due to be withdrawn also aren't they.
    With the new recorded sounds. Could this apply to the 66 too? The horn could do with a revision.

7. thearkerportian

Maybe/hopefully coming as a later DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jevan-dean

jevan-dean Active Member

100% why they ever choose unreal is beyond me. It will never have multiplayer due to floating point issues... But at the same time they are not taking advantage of the power that the engine comes with. For example it comes with VR out of the box... why have we not got VR then?

• Like Like x 3
  9. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Not for a while yet, it's only the GN 313s that have been withdrawn

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Random Railfan

Oh boy, I was critical of Dovetail so I got another downvote!

11. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Floating point point precision and origin shifting has nothing to do with multiplayer. The issue is Dovetail's content protection and the fact that they would have to include a lot of assets from DLC's in the base game so that you can see others driving trains that you don't have.

12. jevan-dean

jevan-dean Active Member

You cannot use origin shifting with multiplayer, so yes it does stop multiplayer being a thing on the version Dovetail are using. Or they could just do multiplayer a route by route basis... easy work arounds

• Like Like x 1
  13. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It was hardly constructive criticism!

I was downvoted for merely stating I had pre-ordered it, which shows up the agenda of some on here!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but the passenger sit down at the station.
    SITTING.JPG
    EDIT: Maybe the player can sit down.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  15. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I haven’t noticed that! I remember watching a YouTube video about a FPS game that came out around 2004 and they were getting feedback from players about the guns, one side had an MP-40 while the other side had a Thompson. They were getting multiple people saying that the MP-40 was a lot more powerful then the other teams Thompson. The developers said that those two guns were identical damage wise and so they researched more on why the community felt like the Thompson was underpowered. They found out because of the sound they used for the MP-40 actually made the Thompson feel less powerful even though they were the exact same stats. They fixed the Thompson sound to match the MP-40 and the problem went away. My point is that even something so small as the sound design can have a huge impact on the game as a whole and even the really small details add up to something so much bigger!

• Like Like x 5
  16. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Likely going to be DLC. I'd be surprised if it wasn't.
    Southern have no plans to replace the 313s, they'll be going for a long time now, probably because of how cheap they are to run.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

I think this started with RRO.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

Erm where can I find the route this is on. I've wanted the Northern City line forever but could never find one.

19. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

46523516-057D-4FE5-9BAA-966CF426616C.jpeg
    I edited this map down so we could have an idea of the route layout! I really like what they are doing with having the Seaford line part of the route! I can’t wait!

• Like Like x 6
  20. Random Railfan

• Like Like x 2
  21. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

10 sec :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I think i’ll be playing this addon until the next UK DLC comes out - hopefully some Gatwick Extension in the future. I gather AP are in on the development somewhat now and probably will commission works for TSW in the end.

Im speculating but I gather it won’t be long until we have an editor if they’re already working with a respected third party

• Like Like x 2
  23. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a map of the actual route including stations and nothing else? I’m still in the dark as to what it looks like.

24. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

Here is some passenger and freight action on the Seaford branch line. Looks amazing ;). Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  25. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

TSWNewroute.png

• Like Like x 9
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  27. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

I wish they would give more information because i'm so excited that theve added ANOTHER british route that I can not sleep.
    well i can. DO NOT TELL DOVETAIL TO SCRAP THE ROUTE plz.

• Like Like x 3
  28. thearkerportian

Why would they scrap it???

• Like Like x 2
  29. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This has been a feature ever since GWE days. They’ve just not included it in most post DLC’s for whatever reason.

So it’s nothing new, basically.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Manfonse

Manfonse Active Member

Easy on us console kiddies as u put it. I would love to know how much pocket money you sods get? Like I’ve said before, you PC bunch sit at your desks and tables while i recline back in my Italian leather electric reclining lazy chair and order a kebab on chips.

• Like Like x 7
  31. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

That's right, I've seen passengers sitting down at stations on GWE. However, if it's exactly the same as that then no, the player won't be able to sit down at the platform.

32. thearkerportian

We can't on RRO, that's for sure.

33. Mkdog45

Just quickly made this, hope it help. Trains going to Eastbourne either terminate, carry on to Hastings or Ore (There is a service that starts from Eastbourne that goes to Ashford international)
    Capture.JPG

• Helpful Helpful x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  34. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Snap spot on my take on the situation is this let’s wait and see what the release is like then when we have had a go that’s the time to decide how good something is or is not after all you cannot judge a book by its cover yes to be fair to dtg the artwork looks good but as the saying goes the proof of the pudding is in the eating or in the case of this the proof of the pudding is in the driving of electrostar 377/4 to Brighton lol

• Like Like x 2
  35. sophieclarke1983

Many thanks for your diagram this gives me a better understanding of the area as never been to Brighton lol one question I do have how does that smaller single section work is that done by radio token block signalling?

• Like Like x 2
  36. sophieclarke1983

And also let’s hope as a minimum we get opening windows on the class 377,s and working destination displays as is depicted in the artwork also another nice touch would be on train next stop announcements as you approach the stations as seen on class 377 YouTube sim videos

• Like Like x 3
  37. Mkdog45

The single track section is the section just after Newhaven Harbour and the trains at a time when they don't cross. So if one train is scheduled to come down, it will and no other trains will be scheduled to come up or down.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Mkdog45

• Like Like x 1
  39. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Wondering if the signals when approaching a switch to change track we would get a flashing yellow as we don't get it in GWE when we should so hopefully DTG have sorted this out

• Like Like x 5
  40. sophieclarke1983

many thanks for your explanation another thought that occurred to me only today is this in light of the trains being southern this is our perfect chance to show them how to run a train service on time and with no cancellations also will be interesting to see if these trains feature the on board next stop announcements as seen in some of YouTube videos on the approach to a station

• Like Like x 1
  41. sophieclarke1983

to be honest it’s like everything it remains to be seen Gwr London to reading got so much that needs fixing for a start non functional destination displays in the gwr class 166 non working departure boards at all stations another telling thing looking at the posters at the stations on line to reading tells you about train/station upgrades these things are long overdue

• Like Like x 1
  42. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Working destination displays are essential. I’m really hoping they will implement the scrolling text such as ‘This is a Southern service to Brighton. Calling at...’ but I doubt it as I’m not sure the game engine is clever enough to update the display after every station. A generic scroll such as ‘this is Southern service calling all stations to Brighton’ would be ok. I highly doubt next stop announcements are there as, along with the scrolling text, they seem beyond the capabilities of the game engine at the moment.

I’m also hoping for interactive displays in the cab such as GSMR and CCTV images but I doubt it.

I wonder how coupling units of the 377s together will work as the end gangways would need to be opened and the drivers cabs shut off. This is unseen before in TSW it I’m correct. The M7s are the closest but they are a bit simpler than the 377s as far as coupling units together is concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  43. sophieclarke1983

Great video whoever shot it gives you fantastic perspective on the route one question I do have on certain points of the video I observed arcing and at time sparks between the train and rails is this a characteristic of electric train operations or does this indicate some kind of fault ?

• Like Like x 3
  44. sophieclarke1983

One point I do have if the game engine is incapable how did dovetail games manage to get working electronic destinations on the majority of German DLC releases surely if capable of one train having them they all should or put a manual winder destination box in like on the class 101 units as used in TransPennine route and the route between Darlington and saltburn/Middlesbrough

45. Random Railfan

That's an interesting flex.

• Like Like x 3
  46. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

As far as I’m aware the German DLC releases don’t feature scrolling text, just the name of the destination which is what I think is all we will get with the 377; I.e. just ‘Brighton’, not ‘this is a Southern service to Brighton calling at...’.

47. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

Agreed well overdue gwe definitely needs a big update to the same standards as all other routes but unfortunately I don't see this happening any time soon

• Like Like x 5
  48. sophieclarke1983

Thanks for your reply it’s a start and better than nothing given that the class 166 gwr networker turbos don’t even have working static destination display you can press buttons in 166 cab but dies t do anything

• Like Like x 1
  49. sophieclarke1983

I also wonder if the class 377 will feature the head code signal input in the gsmR system that’s absent in other dlcs

• Like Like x 1
  50. sophieclarke1983

I’d be intrigued to know how does this work do the dtg team have to visit bombardier or a train company in this case southern how does this process work which results in the finished product ie the class 177/4 electrostar EMU