Fishing Sim World Deadbaiting For Predators On Us Lakes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by frailkrazykev, Nov 20, 2019.

1. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

Can you use deadbaits on the US lakes for musky and other predatory species, and has anyone managed to catch any on them. Think you should be able to i have sat on lake dylan for an hour or so using deadbait with no success

2. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

I've tried with zero success. I've mentioned to their support that us lakes should be able to fish dead baits for musky/Pike/cats and would be nice to have rid holders on boats to fish dead baits and cast some lures at the same time.

3. frailkrazykev

You would think that this would have been implemented when they added the deadbaits

• Like Like x 1
  4. frailkrazykev

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

I have caught a channel catfish and a small tiger musky but it took forever to get a bite.

• Like Like x 2
  6. joshuamcfadyen19

joshuamcfadyen19 Member

It’s pretty crazy to me that worms & float were added without the ability to catch panfish on them. Thats how most people begin freshwater fishing.
    (Inb4 not me i started tossing bucktails for musky at age 4)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Mousaka_H

Mousaka_H Active Member

I have tried float fishing with chopped worm on us lakes never caught anything.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Pionetic

Pionetic New Member

Be creative people. I almost only fish with deadbaits in the big lakes. Because this way I can specifically fish for the fish I want. Bass attracts in abundance but not a single one will bite !!! the trick is not to let the bait sink to the bottom and best to offer it directly under the boat. and pluck every now and then. whoever has patience will be rewarded. by the way, the whole thing works with all baits and trolling! best train on Lake Boulder or Miller with flouo Maggot or worm without a swimmer with a 12 hook (mud) and set the take-up speed to 4! you can alternatively throw and just catch up because some fish want speed! Tip- switches off the bait symbols or who dares the entire HUD! with this method I was able to catch trophy fish that have been named several times. including Tilly the silver salmon!

9. Pionetic

Pionetic New Member

10. Pionetic

Pionetic New Member

11. joshuamcfadyen19

joshuamcfadyen19 Member

Yea being creative is great and all but you shouldn’t have to turn off the entire HUD and start moving deadbaits to catch fish. The HUD is clearly in the game for a reason, and deadbaits with the current setups aren’t really designed to be jigged vertically like you’re describing. All im saying is you shouldn’t have to go this far out of your way to get these baits to work as they would in real life. i have also tried some weird things that aren’t implemented properly - like trolling, vertical jigging etc. But because they’re not implemented properly, they’re not overly effective. I can catch far more fish and have better control over my baits movement in this game by casting, and so trolling and vertical jigging get beat out every time. The only use i’ve found for trolling is getting crankbaits really deep. And the fact that the bass aren’t eating the deadbaits is another issue in itself lol.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019