Rapid Transit: Ice-t + Cargo

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thearkerportian, Nov 29, 2019.

1. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Moin,

something that I wasn't aware of until recently myself is: Leipzig's city tunnel, despite being designed for the S-Bahn primarily, also used to see usage by ICE trains, namely during the early stages of its operation - right when the TSW version is set. So, why not make use of that and release an ICE-T - the train used on the lines taking the tunnel and this way giving TSW its first share of DB long-haul.

Granted, in reality, these trains turned east or west just north of the central station, but frankly, who cares. Two kinds of services would be possible: Leipzig Hbf to Bitterfeld (these would be trains toward Berlin) or Leipzig Hbf to Dessau for Magdeburg bound trains. More variety in services would come in from some trains stopping at Leipzig-Messe and some passing through.

South of Leipzig Hbf - the other tunnel stations are passed through without stopping - the AI would take over and drive the ICEs off the map at some point in the south, maybe even all the way to Gaschwitz.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While you're at it, some cargo services would be nice too. Either with some substituted loco or any newly made. BR 152, BR 189, maybe an oldschool BR 140 or 232... anything will do, really. Cargo trains could begin and end somewhere near Leipzig Nord or Messe and travel somwhere further north from there.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

I would love to see a ICE in TSW, especially the ICE4, 1 or T.
    I am not the biggest fan of Rt, because I think it doesn’t look that realistic.
    The new routes are way more beautiful btw...
    Here is something really interesting:

The ICE T in Hagen and Wuppertal.
    So what about the ICE T in an add on for every routes, DTG ;D
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  3. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Well, while ICEs do go from Wuppertal to Hagen, but they need even less time than the Regional Express services, but they don't use the Main-Spessart-Bahn (at least not the part of it we have for TSW) and the especially not the Ruhr-Sieg-Bahn. RT is the fastest German route we have as of now, so my thinking was that this is where an ICE would feel most at home.

• Like Like x 1